Well, well, well… could this be Canon’s lens roadmap for 2021? [CR2]

Mar 25, 2011
I suggested a couple months ago that I'd like to see this lens and that it was possible, and was told by a prominent member of this site that "no it's absolutely not possible". :ROFLMAO: Now I can't remember who it was.
Possible versus practical? Canon has a EF 200mm F/2. This would be a similar level of difficulty. If its a L lens, the price will be $3K. Canon has already found that people will pay for big dollar items so I expect they will drop a lot of them, as many as the designers can churn out.

Upvote 0
Anybody have updates on the R5 shipping?

Pre-ordered in July, still no updates on when they're being released!
I am still waiting but my order date was July 30th. My order was with B&H and was for the kit with 24-105. Apparently, the kits are hard to come by and body only orders are being fulfilled up to orders from a few weeks ago. I am hoping when they reopen on Monday that there is better news on availability. I was told end of October so we will see.

Upvote 0

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
1200mm, perfect for baseball games. That was the original purpose for that special 1200mm lens they originally released. I'm a bit surprised that a 50mm f/0.95 is not in the list. Maybe in 2 more years?

Do you really think there will be one? Canon most recently made a splash with the RF 28-70/2 zoom - I wonder if zooms are in and ultra exotic primes are out of fashion. Canon last made a 50/.95 in the 1960s.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Wow. This rumor is great. The 800mm lens will be mine, if... if the pricing will be affordable.
This old lens is almost 13 years old and really heavy. Pricing went up last year - for more than 1500.
14000 and some more.
So, what will Canon do? 16.000? or more?

Also the 600mm will be - let me guess - 2000 more than the EF III version?

I'd guess all of that.

One interesting point I didn't see if anybody else commented on. 9 of the rumored lenses are IS, which makes me think more R bodies are not going to have IBIS. I wonder if the R1 will, I tend to think it won't.

Upvote 0
I am still waiting but my order date was July 30th. My order was with B&H and was for the kit with 24-105. Apparently, the kits are hard to come by and body only orders are being fulfilled up to orders from a few weeks ago. I am hoping when they reopen on Monday that there is better news on availability. I was told end of October so we will see.

Interesting to hear; I ordered my R5 (body only) three days after it was announced from B&H, so it seems like they have only shipped their very first batch.

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
I'm very much looking forward to the 70-200 f/4. It'll probably release at around $1599 so it'll be around a year and a half or more before it reaches my price. While the MF on my EF version is a bit wonky, the AF is fine and will hopefully stay that way until I pick up the RF. I like the sound of it being coke can sized. Also looking forward to reviews on the RF 24mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro. I was hoping for an L, but we'll see how this one performs. This hobby ain't gettin any cheaper...

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2016
Really hope that the Canon RF 10-24mm f/4L USM will be front filterable. Almost all - if not all - super UWA zooms, whether DSLR or mirrorless, released these latest years are NOT front filterable. Sucks imho.

Would the RF mount specifications allow for a 10-24mm f/4L + front filter?
I can sell you a filter adapter for the EF 11-24. It takes 180mm filters.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Would the RF mount specifications allow for a 10-24mm f/4L + front filter?

Not a chance. Nikon did an amazing job making their recent 14-24 f2.8 lens the first (that I know of) front filterable in a standard threaded form 14mm.

Mind you if Canon have a brain they would make the 10-24 with a drop in filter like the EF 11-24 with an adapter, that shows innovation and keeps lots of people happy.

Upvote 0
No matter if working through that list takes one, two or three years it shows how much Canon is willing to go into R system. (y)
Would have been nice if just a slice of that effort would have gone in the M system (edit: EF-M lens system).
Then maybe I would be there, too for traveling light and small. :unsure:
Looks like that previous rumour about killing the M line is true if this is to be believed too. What a shame Definitely second thoughts now on if its worth changing to new m50 if they don't care anymore what a shame looks like time to decide fuji or olympus,Sony?
Not happy Jan!

Upvote 0