Show your Bird Portraits

ISO64

CR Pro
Jul 2, 2015
You can notice it in the raw file before post production but obviously sharpening is going to amplify this. It pretty much only seems to happen with BIF type photos so I'm sure it has to do with the sensor readout. I'm usually shooting 1/3200th or faster with BIF photos in electronic shutter. Honestly just trying to find out if others are running into this problem or if it's just my camera. Since I've already had technical issues with the R5 I'm not feeling as confident with the quality of my particular camera. I hope I'm wrong.
Quick test, and it is repeatable: hang a load using white thin string so it can sway in front of dark background. Set up a strong light, or do it outside. Prefocus on string beforehand, turn off AF. Sway it, fire max fps at different exposure times, let Auto ISO work. Notes on no sharpening apply. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Thanks, Click. Also, I've never seen such vivid variety of colors as on Wood Ducks from others who post here, and now your lovely photo reminds me of how stunning those birds are. I haven't been enough of a birder to want to track down certain birds just to see them, but I think I'd enjoy the effort to see some Wood Ducks myself one day.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, Wood Ducks are amazingly colorful birds, they're just beautiful. Thank you for your kind comment, I really appreciate it.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0