Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L USM and RF 50mm f/1.4L USM coming in Q4 as part of a "hybrid family" of L prime lenses

Canon needs to stop puttering around with 50mm lenses that nobody wants and release the TS-E 14 they promised, or else me and everyone else will switch to Sony’s open mount that allows 3rd party lenses like the…

Well, that fell apart rather quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Upvote 0
Canon Rumors is typically this guys number one source for “new” content. Weird that Canon Rumors is using him as a source now.

Well, sources come and go. People move on to other things in life. Sometimes we hear things that we can't post until someone else does... but we can verify it.

This launch cycle is unlike anything I have seen before.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
A RF 50mm F1.4 would be a sure future-addition for me given it has a similar price point like the 85mm F2 (probably plus 200 $). I had the EF version which I bought was awful so I sold it after a few weeks. I know, I might have had a bad copy, but still not worth the hassle.

Upvote 0
Im interested if the 24mm 1.4 is decently corrected for coma, as it could be useful for astrophotography. Historically Canon primes have had pretty awful coma...

And the 50mm IS sounds really nice. I just hope that the video centric feature won't make it less useful for photographers.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Canon needs to stop puttering around with 50mm lenses that nobody wants and release the TS-E 14 they promised, or else me and everyone else will switch to Sony’s open mount that allows 3rd party lenses like the…

Well, that fell apart rather quickly.
Seeyabye pal. People barely need specific TS-E 14mm. Many of them require a decent RF 50/1.4. So speak for yourself and go to Fony.

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0