A new Canon DSLR seems to be getting teased on social media by a Canon ambassador

R1-7D

EOS 7D MK II
Jun 25, 2012
Canada
Canon UK ambassador Andy Rouse has been active on Instagram apparently teasing a new camera body. I would think he’s not out using another company’s gear, so what could he be talking about?
He mentions using “new kit” and saying “I had to take the motor drive speed down from 30 fps to 5fps as I was taking too many sharp shots”
So what could he be teasing and/or testing? The obvious answer would be the upcoming Canon EOS-1D X Mark III. Andy was one of the early testers of the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, so that’s not too much of a leap to assume. We were told back in February that testing had begun on the EOS-1D X Mark II replacement.
Is it possible that the EOS-1D X Mark III will shoot 30fps with the mirror locked up?
There’s also a possibility he’s testing out the new 32.5mp...
Continue reading...

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

R1-7D

EOS 7D MK II
Jun 25, 2012
Canada
In his tweet thread he specifically said this image was not taken with RF glass; he said none of the upcoming lenses are long enough.

I wonder if it’s either a new 300 f/2.8 or 500 f/4...

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
Aug 9, 2018
No matter what he's been using, this is a perfect picture.
Well, I was lying :eek:, it does matter...
Looking at the diffuse background, it sure was a long telephoto lens, EF 500 f.5,6:love: ???

AlanF

Canon 5DSR II
Aug 16, 2012
No matter what he's been using, this is a perfect picture.
Well, I was lying :eek:, it does matter...
Looking at the diffuse background, it sure was a long telephoto lens, EF 500 f.5,6:love: ???
There is essentially no background so how can you say it is a long telephoto 500/5.6?

Kit.

EOS 6D MK II
Apr 25, 2011
There is no background, nor is there any way to judge how distant is the background.
There is a very smooth 4-5 centimeter (to the scale of the cuckoo) bokeh of something that looks like thin branches. Can be a DS lens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raptors

3kramd5

EOS 5D MK IV
Mar 2, 2012
There is a very smooth 4-5 centimeter (to the scale of the cuckoo) bokeh of something that looks like thin branches. Can be a DS lens.
This thread is about new kit. You’re the old kit. What gives?

Hector1970

EOS 6D MK II
Mar 22, 2012
Yes maybe a 1DXIII.
I’m really interested in what that camera will be. It perhaps will be the last great DSLR