Canon A-1 and speedlites

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Valvebounce said:
Hi CanonFanBoy.
I still think that the reason the ST-E3-RT won't fire is because it is expecting detailed communication from the camera, don't forget that newer cameras can control the flashes from the menu.
The flashes still fire because, well a flash is still a flash! To prove a point I just triggered my YN-600EX-RT with a key to short the centre pin to the foot (carefully) it said it didn't recognise the camera model but "ok I'll flash"!
I'm curious about this so I just got my 2 YN-600EX-RT's and YN-E3-RT out and tried triggering them with the key! A flash set as a master will fire, but not trigger a slave unit, the YN-E3-RT just played dumb, as in nothing happened!

Cheers, Graham.

You must be right. I can live without triggering the 600s. I am thrilled I can use the Streaklight. :)

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi CanonFanBoy.
Not sure about I 'must be right', but I might be right, but I could be wrong, ??? I'm only guessing here, :eek: (with a little bit of very crude experimentation). ;D

Cheers, Graham.

CanonFanBoy said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi CanonFanBoy.
I still think that the reason the ST-E3-RT won't fire is because it is expecting detailed communication from the camera, don't forget that newer cameras can control the flashes from the menu.
The flashes still fire because, well a flash is still a flash! To prove a point I just triggered my YN-600EX-RT with a key to short the centre pin to the foot (carefully) it said it didn't recognise the camera model but "ok I'll flash"!
I'm curious about this so I just got my 2 YN-600EX-RT's and YN-E3-RT out and tried triggering them with the key! A flash set as a master will fire, but not trigger a slave unit, the YN-E3-RT just played dumb, as in nothing happened!

Cheers, Graham.

You must be right. I can live without triggering the 600s. I am thrilled I can use the Streaklight. :)

Upvote 0