Canon celebrates 16th consecutive year of Number 1 share of global interchangeable-lens digital camera market

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 21, 2010
I see you shoot an M6 and an R? Is there any R lens or lenses that would make the R compact enough you'd get rid of the M6, or is the body still too big?
Still too big, for me. As it is now, the R + RF24-105 pretty much fills mt Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 25 (there's space behind the body for a 77mm filter in its pouch). In that same bag, I can fit the M6, three EF-M lenses (4 if one is the 22/2) and a 270 flash.

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 21, 2010
If the choice comes down to using the center of your R's sensor, or not using the R at all, surely using the center would be preferable, no? They've allowed it to work with EF-S lenses, and 4k shooters are only using the center zone as well.
If the EF-M 15-45 mounted directly on the R, that would give 24-72mm in a very compact package with good IQ that would deliver 12 MP images. The M22/2 would be a nice 35mm fixed walkaround. That's not bad!

stevelee

FT-QL
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
I should have phrased it as, IBIS is not critical for most users, as it hasn’t significantly affected buying decisions in aggregate. Sort of like DR. Even if the feature is important, it’s not important enough. Particularly since IS is available in many lenses.
I don't think it is elitist to suggest that for very many buyers, IBIS is no more on wish lists than TERN or HERON.

• Haha
Reactions: CanonFanBoy