Canon RF 35mm review by photographyblog

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
thanks for sharing

That
...the Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM is something of a no-brainer in the value for money department...
sums it up perfectly.
If I was to buy an EOS R body, this lens would be in my package for sure.

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
Mar 25, 2011
I considered getting it, but I think 100mm is better for a macro, this is very wide for full frame. The lens has received good reviews.

Chaitanya

EOS 6D MK II
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
I considered getting it, but I think 100mm is better for a macro, this is very wide for full frame. The lens has received good reviews.
Yes longer 100mm Macro is more useful as general purpose macro photography but 35mm will make a good product photography lens for studio shooters. It's a neat feature addition. Overall all the 4 initial offerings of RF mount are excellent.

Mar 14, 2012
Hmm... I see it more as a RF version of the EF 35 f/2 IS, only faster and with better closeup capability. And less expensive too. I ordered one through a Canon-authorized retailer on Ebay when Ebay was having it's 10% off promotion.

Reactions: jd7 and Maximilian
Mar 14, 2012
I will say that I was a bit surprised that the lens is manufactured in Taiwan, and that the typical Styrofoam upper/lower pads that surrounded my previous lens purchases have been replaced by a roll of bubble wrap.