EOS-M Optical Viewfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been considering picking one of these up a EOS-M ever since it's gone on sale at B&H but the one thing that keeps holding me back is the viewfinder.

And spending an extra $80+ for one seems to defeat the purpose of picking up a eos-m for cheap.

So now I'm kinda just in a boat either waiting for the next EOS-M to come out or just might the bullet and grab one... ARGH...

Upvote 0

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
thejager said:
So...i pulled the trigger on this little guy after the price dropped and i saw the new firmware came out. While i'd love a new one whenever they come out, the price won't be the same as the sale version, and it seems a solid camera for the price point. adding the eos M adapter for other EF lenses is just icing.

Nevertheless, i dont mind that it doesn't have a flash, but not having an optical viewfinder is a bit worrisome to me. I have looked around a bit, but everything that i seem to find (i got the 22mm lens so 35mm equivalent OV), is crazy expensive. Not that the prices arent deserved, but i really dont want to drop 200 for an optical viewfinder.

So i come to this forum, and ask if anyone has any suggestions (links woudl be great). I dont need a beautiful piece of glass, but i woudl like to be able to look through something instead of looking at the back of the screen.

So, anyways... help me canon rumors forum gurus...you're my only hope :p

this is my first post...so i guess i should also say hi!

Dear Friend Jager.
The Great and Cheap( Less than $ 20 US Dollars ) way to have 2.8 X optical Hood for LCD of EOS-M =

http://www.amazon.com/Viewfinder-Magnifier-Extender-Magnetic-Canon/dp/B00EK7WDP4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I already have more almost 12 months, and work great for me, and easy to remove when we do not want too.
Enjoy.
Surapon

Attachments

• 613lDAN03pL._SL1100_.jpg
    613lDAN03pL._SL1100_.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 304
Upvote 0
Here's another idea https://sqminiintheboxgadgets.wordpress.com/2014/10/09/ableto-lsh-a35-led-screen-sun-shade-and-protector-for-canon-_p1779451/ A sun shade for the rear screen. This seems awfully expensive at $48.00, I've found one for may NEX 5n for less than $10.00. You just have to spend some time on Google.

A sun-shade would be better than nothing hand-help, and perfect on a tripod.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.