Post your HDR images:

Dec 13, 2010
It's been a long time since I've used HDR, but this weekend the sun was HIGHLY annoying (well, from a photo-perspective ::) And I decided to give it a try. The picture isn't all that interesting, it just shows how I like my HDR's. Originally 7 shot handheld, but skipped the brightest one. Pol-filter.

hdr5.jpg

Upvote 0
Viggo said:
It's been a long time since I've used HDR, but this weekend the sun was HIGHLY annoying (well, from a photo-perspective ::) And I decided to give it a try. The picture isn't all that interesting, it just shows how I like my HDR's. Originally 7 shot handheld, but skipped the brightest one. Pol-filter.

hdr5.jpg

Still, very nice, the contrast between the shadows and the light areas is excellent and you got into that engine compartment. That is one thing I LOVE about HDR, you get that depth, sneak into dark places and see what's in there.

Thanks for share.

Peace! 8)

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
MxM said:
An old (abandoned) Prison!
It's really weird to walk down there knowing that people 'lived' here while doing time

Near the doors you'll see the toilet flushing system...

The rest of the pictures are on my site http://maximlinssen.com/prison-15h/
We didn't have much time because it's still monitored by people.

HDR9.Prison.15H.jpg

Now THAT is a cool image!! Thanx for sharing!!

C

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Ok, these are my first HDRs. I shot these in City Park in New Orleans, I'd spied a tumbled down old building and kinda snuck in there to set up. I'm using NIK HDR plugin with these with Aperture 3. Shot with Canon 5D3 with 17-40L lens.

First images I've tried yet...but not bad I don't think. Opinions? Suggestions?

Cayenne

Attachments

• city_park_hdr_ 1.jpg
    city_park_hdr_ 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,290
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
cayenne said:
Ok, these are my first HDRs. I shot these in City Park in New Orleans, I'd spied a tumbled down old building and kinda snuck in there to set up. I'm using NIK HDR plugin with these with Aperture 3. Shot with Canon 5D3 with 17-40L lens.

First images I've tried yet...but not bad I don't think. Opinions? Suggestions?

Cayenne

Attachments

• city_park_hdr_ 2.jpg
    city_park_hdr_ 2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1,409
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
brianboru said:
So many great pictures!

A humble offering taken in Chicago.

Single Image. (Lightroom -> Photoshop for perspective correction -> Nik HDR Efex for Tone Mapping -> Lightroom for HSL)

I used NIK for mine too.

I really like the concept of this image..with the clouds and all...and please take this advice as coming from a noob myself, but I might suggest you go back and do a little adjustment, to make the halo-ing around the building a bit less noticable....unless that is what you were going for.

Again, I like the image overall...but the haloing just catches my eye a bit much and think you might benefit from cutting that back a little?

Hoping this is take only as constructive criticism!!
:)

cayenne

Upvote 0
cayenne said:
brianboru said:
So many great pictures!

Single Image. (Lightroom -> Photoshop for perspective correction -> Nik HDR Efex for Tone Mapping -> Lightroom for HSL)

I used NIK for mine too.

I really like the concept of this image..with the clouds and all...and please take this advice as coming from a noob myself, but I might suggest you go back and do a little adjustment, to make the halo-ing around the building a bit less noticable....unless that is what you were going for.

Again, I like the image overall...but the haloing just catches my eye a bit much and think you might benefit from cutting that back a little?

cayenne

Thanks for the feedback Cayenne! The sharpening got a bit over baked - one of those things where it popped out towards the end of processing and I convinced myself it was okay. I should make another run at it.

Upvote 0
brianboru said:
cayenne said:
brianboru said:
So many great pictures!

I used NIK for mine too.

cayenne

Thanks for the feedback Cayenne! The sharpening got a bit over baked - one of those things where it popped out towards the end of processing and I convinced myself it was okay. I should make another run at it.
That was harder than it should have been. HDR Efex Pro really wanted to make that edge pop. I ended up adding about 30 control points in the sky around the building to try to tame it. And added several local adjustments in LR too. The fact that the sky is naturally lighter around the building accentuates things.

It still has a bit of a halo but now I'll claim it's intentional.

Attachments

• IMG_7130-Edit-2.jpg
    IMG_7130-Edit-2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,070
Upvote 0