1D X Troubles (not funny)

Don Haines said:
Menace said:
My 5D III uses 1 Cf and 1 SD card so how do I put my SD card in the 1Dx? ;)
With this!
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/816112-REG/Digieffects_SDXCF_Extreme_SD_HC_XC_to_CF.html

Typical forum nonsense. Someone asks a question, and the first response recommends throwing money at the problem. The easy (and free!) solution is to simply drop the SD card into the CF slot. Don't worry about the slight rattling sound. Fortunately, you're going in the right direction. To get a CF card into an SD slot, you have to trim it down, so your 32 GB cards become ~10 GB.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
Don Haines said:
Menace said:
My 5D III uses 1 Cf and 1 SD card so how do I put my SD card in the 1Dx? ;)
With this!
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/816112-REG/Digieffects_SDXCF_Extreme_SD_HC_XC_to_CF.html

Typical forum nonsense. Someone asks a question, and the first response recommends throwing money at the problem. The easy (and free!) solution is to simply drop the SD card into the CF slot. Don't worry about the slight rattling sound. Fortunately, you're going in the right direction. To get a CF card into an SD slot, you have to trim it down, so your 32 GB cards become ~10 GB.

Thank you neuro, my new 10Gb SD card (formally 32Gb CF) works like a charm :)

Upvote 0
"2. I'm scaring people and filling up my memory card because each time I push the shutter it goes really fast"

I spray painted mine pink with polka dots so it's not scaring anyone anymore - Easy!

Also, I solved my memory card filling up problem by switching to smallest Jpeg format for both cards - none of that RAW bs for me thank You!

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
You missed the biggest problem - the camera didn't come with a lens.

Made my early morning coffee, Thank You

And Mackguyver, you missed another doozy that will only come to you after carrying the 1Dx around (with a Lens attached) for a few days, one arm will begin to look like an English Long bowman's lopsided arrangement, you will then, as I have done, solve the issue not by going to the Gym, not by changing carrying hands, but by convincing your wife/girlfriend/other important money manager, to allow you to buy a second 1Dx Body so you can carry two at anytime thus ensuring your Physical stature returns to "normal", unfortunately it doesn't help with your "mental" situation, but it does solve any issues regards CF cards filling up too rapidly, now you have 4.

Really is nice to see most CR people have a healthy sense of humour, well, with the exception of "soulless Polack" ::) Probably caught him before his first coffee.

Upvote 0
eml58 said:
neuroanatomist said:
You missed the biggest problem - the camera didn't come with a lens.
Made my early morning coffee, Thank You
And Mackguyver, you missed another doozy that will only come to you after carrying the 1Dx around (with a Lens attached) for a few days, one arm will begin to look like an English Long bowman's lopsided arrangement, you will then, as I have done, solve the issue not by going to the Gym, not by changing carrying hands, but by convincing your wife/girlfriend/other important money manager, to allow you to buy a second 1Dx Body so you can carry two at anytime thus ensuring your Physical stature returns to "normal", unfortunately it doesn't help with your "mental" situation, but it does solve any issues regards CF cards filling up too rapidly, now you have 4.
Thanks for the great idea EML. ??? I walk with the body bent when I load a video camera (8 kg) on the right shoulder. ::) Just what I carry two cameras (one on each shoulder) and my problem is solved. :p

Upvote 0
Thanks for all of the good advice and offers to trade or let me donate my camera. I have scraped up enough of my 85 IQ points to figure out the camera, but as some of you have pointed out, the stupid thing didn't come with a lens. No wonder my photos all came out black. Luckily I still have my 18-55 IS kit lens that came with Rebel XSi, but it won't fit. It looks like the weatherproof seal (?) is preventing it from screwing onto the camera. Maybe I can just tape a magnifying glass to the front or something?

Also, I still haven't figured out what happened to my microSD card. I didn't have an SD card, but I put the little card in the camera as you all suggested. It rattles but won't come out.

It seems that my problems would be solved by purchasing a second 1D X to even out my balance. Either that or buy a Q-Ray band from that guy in the mall.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
mackguyver said:
Maybe I can just tape a magnifying glass to the front or something?

Your 1D X came with a body cap. Take it off, drill a small hole (slightly less than 1mm in diameter, a 1/32" drill bit would work) right through the first n in Canon, then put it back on. You'll be good to go.

Of course, you won't be the first to do that with a 1-series body. ;)

@ Neuro. You need to be very careful when you do this, otherwise, you might create "light leak" ;D

Upvote 0
Dylan777 said:
neuroanatomist said:
mackguyver said:

Your 1D X came with a body cap. Take it off, drill a small hole (slightly less than 1mm in diameter, a 1/32" drill bit would work) right through the first n in Canon, then put it back on. You'll be good to go.

@ Neuro. You need to be very careful when you do this, otherwise, you might create "light leak" ;D
Yep, and I must have missed the "take it off" part because now I have a big hole in my mirror as well. Talk about a light leak :'(

Upvote 0
mackguyver said:
Dylan777 said:
neuroanatomist said:
mackguyver said:

Yep, and I must have missed the "take it off" part because now I have a big hole in my mirror as well. Talk about a light leak :'(

The extra hole will allow for some truly amazing and creative 'artistic' effects !

Upvote 0
Menace said:
mackguyver said:
Dylan777 said:
neuroanatomist said:
mackguyver said:

The extra hole will allow for some truly amazing and creative 'artistic' effects !
Naw, a hole in the mirror won't show in photos.
It might whistle when the mirror flips up, that'd be different.

Upvote 0