1DX Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of those "what would you do?" questions.

I have a new 1DX that has showed Err 80 about 9 times. 6 the day after I got it, and 3 a few days after. It has not showed it once since. I have an open RMA with BH Photo and they are willing to exchange but they will only order the new one only when this one returns. They did say I would go to the front of the list though since it was a replacement due to defect. I have until the end of this week to send it in. They have also agreed to a return for full credit if I can buy one from somewhere else.

I am leaving town 8/11 and need it, so sending it to BH and waiting for a replacement is not going to happen. Only option I see is keeping and hoping that CPS will be good about this or finding a new one from another store, buying and then returning the one I have to BH. Who's to say that another new one wouldn't give me more issues than this one though? Does anyone even know of a reputable dealer that has a recent shipment in with 1 to spare?

So what would you do? I would have to think that there are many others here in the same position.

Jul 21, 2010
I would probably keep it and wait for Canon to deal with the issue.

Of course, that's easy for me to say - I had only one Err 80 and it wasn't while shooting (I had analyzed AFMA images with FoCal, and was quickly putting lenses on one after another to enter the values - I think I probably unmounted or mounted a lens while the camera was powering off or on).

Upvote 0
M

MarkWebbPhoto

I was getting Error 80 a lot when I first got my camera body. For some reason the error has stopped and I haven't seen it for several days after shooting thousands of photos....weird. It must be some I am more concerned right now with the memory card activity light coming on for several minutes when I turn the camera on. Not sure what is going on there.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.