1DXII` What Toys, er, accessories did you buy for yours?

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
My 1DXII shipped today from B&H, and hopefully will be here before weekend. That naturally got me to thinking about accessories.

What did you buy for yours, what works, what doesn't, What can you not live without and why?

Anyone buy the B&H 5 year warranty?

Let's hear from you and let's have fun.

sek

scottkinfw

CR Pro
J.R. said:
An extra battery.

Next I'll be getting the Kirk L bracket. Was planning on the wireless transmitter WFT-E8A but many here have suggested the camranger, so that may follow.

Kirk do you like this better than a RRS L bracket?

sek

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2013
scottkinfw said:
J.R. said:
An extra battery.

Next I'll be getting the Kirk L bracket. Was planning on the wireless transmitter WFT-E8A but many here have suggested the camranger, so that may follow.

sek

Unable to compare which one is better since RRS is not available where I live. Kirk is available, so Kirk it is :)

The quality of the Kirk brackets is good enough for me. I have one for my 5D Mark III and it works great.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
J.R. said:
scottkinfw said:
J.R. said:
An extra battery.

sek

Unable to compare which one is better since RRS is not available where I live. Kirk is available, so Kirk it is :)

The quality of the Kirk brackets is good enough for me. I have one for my 5D Mark III and it works great.

The modular construction of the RRS l plate makes it a much more functionally pleasing tool to my mind. Nothing wrong with the Kirk one, just the RRS one is considerably 'better'.

JR if you want to give RRS a try PM me.

Upvote 0

JMZawodny

1Dx2, 7D2 and lots of wonderful glass!
Sep 19, 2014
Virginia
Joe.Zawodny.com
I ordered a spare battery when I pre-ordered the body. I got the RRS B1Dx base plate. I did not go for the modular L bracket as I have the Pano-Gimbal when needed. I have a Lexar 128GB 3400x CFast card coming directly from Asia. It should be here any day and was half the price compared to either Amazon or the on-line camera shops. If that works out well I'll likely get a second one. I'll be waiting for the EF 24-70 F/2.8L III or IS to replace my original EF 24-70

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

CR Pro
J.R. said:
scottkinfw said:
J.R. said:
An extra battery.

sek

Thank you.

Sek

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

CR Pro
JMZawodny said:
I ordered a spare battery when I pre-ordered the body. I got the RRS B1Dx base plate. I did not go for the modular L bracket as I have the Pano-Gimbal when needed. I have a Lexar 128GB 3400x CFast card coming directly from Asia. It should be here any day and was half the price compared to either Amazon or the on-line camera shops. If that works out well I'll likely get a second one. I'll be waiting for the EF 24-70 F/2.8L III or IS to replace my original EF 24-70

That sounds great. Please, if the card works out, post a link and give us your thoughts.

Sek

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I'll speak from 1D X experience – extra battery, RRS L-bracket, and I reused an E1 handstrap from a prior body.

Agree strongly with PBD, the modular design of the RRS L-bracket is awesome, I usually leave the upright portion off the camera for handheld use, attach it when planning to use a tripod. Great that the hex key stores in the bracket.

The other 'accessory' I really like is my functional replacement body cap - the 40/2.8 pancake lens. :)

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
neuroanatomist said:
I'll speak from 1D X experience – extra battery, RRS L-bracket, and I reused an E1 handstrap from a prior body.

Agree strongly with PBD, the modular design of the RRS L-bracket is awesome, I usually leave the upright portion off the camera for handheld use, attach it when planning to use a tripod. Great that the hex key stores in the bracket.

The other 'accessory' I really like is my functional replacement body cap - the 40/2.8 pancake lens. :)

Will the 1Dx RRS Bottom and L bracket fit the 1Dx Mark II? According to the RRS site it seems will.

Upvote 0