Adobe has released DNG Converter 12.4 Beta, adds EOS R5 and EOS R6 support

Adobe Support told me today, that an update with an integration of current Canon models will come in the next or next but one update. For Sony A7SIII it will come with the next update.
Not very customer friendly, as a lot of the Pro´s will use the R5 or R6 for their work. And the workflow stutters.

Raw Image extension shows the thumbails! great.
Also Luminar 4 can handle the raw files. But keeps very busy, even with 16c/32t

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

FrenchFry

Wildlife enthusiast!
Jun 14, 2020
Adobe Support told me today, that an update with an integration of current Canon models will come in the next or next but one update. For Sony A7SIII it will come with the next update.

Also Luminar 4 can handle the raw files.
Thanks for reaching out to them! The more we contact them, them more likely we are to be supported sooner.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
No. No it doesn't. It can show the built-in jpeg previews, but trying to process a CR3 is a hideous mess. At least on macOS, I won't pretend to speak for the Windows version. For the time being it's still DNG converter or DPP (ugh...unworkable for me because it is soooo slow. So much so as it's not remotely usable.) :(

I'm wondering who will be the first to truly provide native support for R5/6 raw files - Adobe, ON1, Capture 1 or DXO?

Upvote 0
Not very customer friendly, as a lot of the Pro´s will use the R5 or R6 for their work. And the workflow stutters.

An update to Adobe Camera Raw is due this month based in prior release history. I really hope they add native suppirt in this update. Another 2-3 months of DNG converter would be less than ideal!

Upvote 0
Downloading now

No Camera Profiles yet, but R5 CR3 import without issue.

View attachment 192214
Working for me too, using Adobe Camera Raw. Unfortunately I have a feeling Adobe will never release camera matching profiles for this camera. I don't hate the 'Adobe Color' profile though, so I will probably work with that...

Upvote 0
No. No it doesn't. It can show the built-in jpeg previews, but trying to process a CR3 is a hideous mess. At least on macOS, I won't pretend to speak for the Windows version. For the time being it's still DNG converter or DPP (ugh...unworkable for me because it is soooo slow. So much so as it's not remotely usable.) :(

I'm wondering who will be the first to truly provide native support for R5/6 raw files - Adobe, ON1, Capture 1 or DXO?
Mine version works basically,it takes 5 minutes to proceed. And you can´t use all profiles as Luminar crashes.

Upvote 0