Advice on copyright/price for image someone has requested to use

I've received what appears to be a legitimate request (via flickr) to use one of my photographs in a calendar for a large enough european company. They are looking for my 'copyright-price' for the image. Is that a standard term? Usage is for a calendar with total distribution of 5000 units, worldwide. They will publish the copyrights of the photographer on the image itself. Is there a standard copyright I should be using here?

I've not sold any of my images before so would appreciate any advice in this situation. It's obviously flattering someone would like to use the image but I just want to make sure I do this correctly and that they are charged a fair price for the given situation.

Feb 15, 2015
I checked alamy.com price calculator for
Calendar up to 5,000 copies, placement inside, 1 year, distribution world-wide = US$420.

Bear in mind, that I have hardly ever received full price payment for any indicated use, for which reason I am rather annoyed at alamy and do no longer contributed images there. A reasonably good price would be US$300, but they have given unilateral discounts of up to 97%, and that is before 50% commission.

What you are selling is a single use, non-exclusive license. Means, the image can only be used once as described, and you retain the right to sell the image to anybody else in the future.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0