Melbourne
scyrene said:
Roo said:
scyrene said:
Roo said:
chrysoberyl said:
Jack Douglas said:
jolyonralph said:
Does anyone know why I can't attach images to this thread?

No, but I just tried and can't either, so this is a hiccup of some sort.

Jack

This hiccup continues and applies to several threads, at least.

There is a new gallery system. Info in this thread..

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=31894.0

I don't understand. How do we post images??

Add the image/s to the gallery (new addition to the menu bar between My Messages and Members). The gallery provides a choice of 3 linking BB codes to copy and paste into whichever thread you want to post the image - full size, medium or thumbnail size. It also put a CR watermark on your image.

thumbnail example below

Is there a gallery for each topic? What about direct links to Flickr? Why did it need to change?

Don't shoot the messenger ;D I only found out about it because I wanted to post a couple of images and I had to go hunting to find it out.

It looks like you can add the images to a selected generic gallery (Portrait, Landscape, Sport, etc). You can link images from your own website or media pages, such as Flickr, into threads.

Upvote 0
May 4, 2011
V8Beast said:
To those who own a 5DS/R in addition to a 5DIV, how often do you use the 5DS/R?

Just like I read a lot of "I don't use my 5D3 anymore since I got the 5DS" comments over the years, I've been reading a lot of "I don't use my 5DS anymore since I got the 5DIV" comments recently.

Less frequently than the 5D4 - but still love the shots I get from it.

Last fall, during the height of my "shooting season" I put around 600 shots on my 5DSR. In comparison, I ran the 5D4 count to just over 4K...

But I would NEVER give up the 5DSR. I use it almost exclusively with primes to get the best out of it and when light is good, there's just no comparison. The 5D4 is better suited as an everyday camera though - I tried that with the R when I got it and found it to be too slow (along with a couple other quirks).

Upvote 0
Something a little different.

Incidentally, I've been shooting with this camera for about nine months now, and I find it just as versatile as the 5D3 it replaced. I do find I take more shots to make up for increased visibility of camera shake at 100% magnification, however - but that's really the only difference.

Having said, that, I've never used a high fps body, and I expect those who have would feel constrained by the 5Ds(r)'s maximum.

Upvote 0
scyrene said:

Lovely image! The colors are excellent.

scyrene said:
Incidentally, I've been shooting with this camera for about nine months now, and I find it just as versatile as the 5D3 it replaced. I do find I take more shots to make up for increased visibility of camera shake at 100% magnification, however - but that's really the only difference.

Having said, that, I've never used a high fps body, and I expect those who have would feel constrained by the 5Ds(r)'s maximum.

I sold my 5D3 6 months after I got a 5DsR since I found the newer body could do everything the Mk3 could, only better. I have no plans to buy a 5D4 since the 5DsR meets all my expectations in a DSLR body. New investments for me this year will be adding glass, a 500 f/4 II and an 85mm f/1.4 - if Canon comes out with one this year.

Upvote 0
Maiaibing said:
scyrene said:
Great color scheme here!

bholliman said:
scyrene said:

Lovely image! The colors are excellent.

Thank you.

bholliman said:
scyrene said:

I sold my 5D3 6 months after I got a 5DsR since I found the newer body could do everything the Mk3 could, only better. I have no plans to buy a 5D4 since the 5DsR meets all my expectations in a DSLR body. New investments for me this year will be adding glass, a 500 f/4 II and an 85mm f/1.4 - if Canon comes out with one this year.

I agree. And the 500L is an excellent lens, I hope you'll enjoy it! :)

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Yes Vern, as you said ... to me it no longer looks natural. ;) However, I'm just an enthusiast and my perception isn't necessarily correct. :)

I have much the same opinion of bird photos where every little impediment is cleaned up to give a squeaky clean image. OTOH many shots are very popular that don't necessarily represent reality so to each his own.

Jack

Upvote 0
Jun 11, 2013
Jack Douglas said:
Yes Vern, as you said ... to me it no longer looks natural. ;) However, I'm just an enthusiast and my perception isn't necessarily correct. :)

I have much the same opinion of bird photos where every little impediment is cleaned up to give a squeaky clean image. OTOH many shots are very popular that don't necessarily represent reality so to each his own.

Jack
Hi Jack - what is perceived as natural in a photo is often not what the human visual system sees. For example our dynamic range is so much higher than a sensor that, to me, blocked shadows don't look natural. If I was standing there, I would be able to see the details. But, we aren't used to photos looking that way, so they look unnatural. The original was a great image, for sure.

Upvote 0