Are many R3's are getting out the door?

digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2014
Are you going to get one?
Not enough pixels for me to crop and I don't need that many frames per sec to look at! I almost never shoot the R5 at the max speed because most of the time it's just overkill and results in too much time spent trying to sort thru all the near identical pictures. The improved focus and eye tracking to help get the focus point in the ball park are nice additions but not enough to overcome the price and sensor size for me.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Placed my order via Adorama in September 18 and am still waiting. Saw the stock update at Canon USA last night and placed and order immediately. Got my receipt which said "in stock" - checked this morning via call with canon and online - order is "backordered". Lame. Thought I had found my loophole! Back to the waiting game.
I mirrored you on Canon's site, placed my Adorama order on Sept. 14. It was morning for me, but just after noon east coast time. Some day something will shot up.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Not enough pixels for me to crop and I don't need that many frames per sec to look at! I almost never shoot the R5 at the max speed because most of the time it's just overkill and results in too much time spent trying to sort thru all the near identical pictures. The improved focus and eye tracking to help get the focus point in the ball park are nice additions but not enough to overcome the price and sensor size for me.
If I didn't shoot sports, I would not have bought the R3. It is great for sports, but when I am shooting birds for myself, I prefer the R5.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Yes, the store is glitchy, it shows stock on items when they are not in stock. I've ordered items only to have my order changed to backorder and that's never filled. Canon told me they do not backorder items so those will never be filled. They cancelled them eventually.
I placed an order last night from the Canon site while the R3 showing in stock -- also showed in stock in my cart. This morning, the status of my order changed to Back Ordered. Either that site doesn't hold what is in the cart, or it was never in stock. It would be a rather dirty trick to just advertise in stock to get people to make direct orders.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
I placed an order last night from the Canon site while the R3 showing in stock -- also showed in stock in my cart. This morning, the status of my order changed to Back Ordered. Either that site doesn't hold what is in the cart, or it was never in stock. It would be a rather dirty trick to just advertise in stock to get people to make direct orders.
That has happened to me too, if you call, they may find one for you.

Upvote 0
Somehow I missed the first batch, then just over two weeks later on the night I arrived in FL I got an email from B&H saying mine was being prepped for shipment to CA. Fortunately they were able to redirect and it finally arrived on Christmas Eve. Overall pretty impressed but still trying to get the Eye Control to calibrate properly.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Late morning on the announcement day, but that would be afternoon in east coast time. With the Olympics and Super Bowl happening, I was thinking a lot of retail shipments were diverted to those sites, so at this point I was guessing soonest would be March. I have more Basketball tonight and tomorrow afternoon, but we’ll see if I can set it up to trust relying on it so soon.

Upvote 0
I placed multiple orders the day Canon announced the camera. Mine is finally coming tomorrow. I ordered an extra battery the guy said they are impossible to come by but he said one way or another he will get me the battery. I cannot believe that Really Right Stuff is asking more then $300.00 dollars for an L Bracket.

Upvote 0