Atomos announces the new Ninja series of monitor-recorders, the Ninja and Ninja Ultra

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Melbourne, Australia – 14th August 2023 – Atomos has announced the latest generation of itshugely successful Ninja line of camera-mounted monitor-recorders: Ninja and Ninja Ultra. The original Ninja rocked the world when it was introduced in 2010, combining an HD disk recorderwith a touchscreen monitor you could hold in your hand. It captured pristine, uncompressed

See full article...

No SDI = no a serious monitor. It's weird that they are chasing that pro-consumer crowd that thinks they need to record in 6K RAW Pro RES. Pro Res files are bloated for the quality they produce with the Canon R5, Lumix S5 and every-other hybrid. Maybe Sony's FX3 and FX6 benefit from having Atomos recording monitors.

They really should think about building a pro-model Atomos monitor, no recording features.

Upvote 0
No SDI = no a serious monitor. It's weird that they are chasing that pro-consumer crowd that thinks they need to record in 6K RAW Pro RES. Pro Res files are bloated for the quality they produce with the Canon R5, Lumix S5 and every-other hybrid. Maybe Sony's FX3 and FX6 benefit from having Atomos recording monitors.

They really should think about building a pro-model Atomos monitor, no recording features.
I think the current atmosphere on the internet makes manufactures thought the pro-summer enthusiast market is profitable. When in-reality it's the consumer & high-end that makes the money. Canon doing this since their DSLR era. Sony is getting more into the consumer market with those vlog cams. And these two makes the most profits.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
It seems my current Ninja V does everything that my camera is capable of, so I'm good. I'm really not sure about that strange colour either. If you want to visually brand your monitors, I get it... but......

For whatever reason I had that same colour in PLA+, I recently tried to get rid of it by printing some organisation trays that go in a drawer so I never have to look at it. o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0