B&H Shipping Prices - International

Is it just me, or has B&H dramatically increased the international shipping fees it charges?

Some of the items B&H sells are much cheaper than in Asia, and even the UK etc.

I have saved loads on CF cards, SD cards, external HDs, even the Tascam DR-60D etc etc., and while shipping has been expensive it still works out cheaper than buying it locally.

For a long time now shipping has always been around US$ 42 and was sent via UPS, arriving in just a few days. Really was an excellent service, especially considering at that time it was the cheapest shipping option they offered me.

Now though, UPS is no longer the cheapest, it is instead Priority Mail International which they say takes 10-14 days and costs around US$ 44, whereas the same UPS service as before starts at US$ 67 (US$ 25 more than it has normally been for a long time now).

I like B&H but these new prices really put me off, and I will look more at Adorama to see how much they charge, as well as amazon.co.uk to see what the prices there are.

Anyone else noticed this change?

There have been many forced increases in security for goods being exported from virtually anywhere.

Here in Australia I have a nephew who works for Fedex and he tells me that there is now security all over their premises as well as a group from Customs who are now on-site 24/7.

I would imagine that all of this extra security, x-rays etc etc costs someone a lot of money.
And that someone is you and me.

Upvote 0
Bennymiata said:
There have been many forced increases in security for goods being exported from virtually anywhere.

Here in Australia I have a nephew who works for Fedex and he tells me that there is now security all over their premises as well as a group from Customs who are now on-site 24/7.

I would imagine that all of this extra security, x-rays etc etc costs someone a lot of money.
And that someone is you and me.

But none of that is recent. I bought loads of stuff just earlier this year and it was still US$ 42 by the UPS Saver which was the cheapest option offered to me by B&H. No more. It is a shame as these new prices mean I will be looking elsewhere.

And these are not small increments. Going from US$ 42 to 67 is a massive jump, as is the US$ 63 to US$ 84 as J.R. reported.

Added:

I just checked Adorama did a search for exactly the same product, selected the country and what would cost me US$ 67 to ship by UPS at B&H is still costing me US$ 42 at Adorama, which is what it used to cost at B&H too.

If that does not change, I will just become a new loyal Adorama customer. Pity, as I prefer the B&H website.

Upvote 0

Hjalmarg1

Photo Hobbyist
Oct 8, 2013
Doha, Qatar
expatinasia said:
I just checked Adorama did a search for exactly the same product, selected the country and what would cost me US$ 67 to ship by UPS at B&H is still costing me US$ 42 at Adorama, which is what it used to cost at B&H too.

If that does not change, I will just become a new loyal Adorama customer. Pity, as I prefer the B&H website.
I have also noticed that increase in s&H costs. I used to shop and ship more often from B&H than I do it now. I checked with Adorama and S&H costs are the same for UPS service, however, their lowest is lower than B&H.

Upvote 0