Beautiful sunsets

If sunrises count too, here is one from Sedona (Arizona, USA) a week ago. It is a panoramic composite of four vertical shots with the 100-400 L ii (at 100mm vertical). I actually did seven shots showing a second (larger formation) to the left, but it did not work out. The formation is too large and less distinct, resulting in a lot of black, and I could not get the middle section of it to line up properly. The auto panorama builder in PS Elements that usually does a great job could not use that piece either.

Attachments

• 4890_91_92_93.jpg
    4890_91_92_93.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
MrFotoFool,
I have used Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE), free offer, to assemble panos with better results than PS Automate.
I got a really cup-shaped pano from PS, whereas ICE gave me a more horizontal (ever so slight cupping) one. Give it a try, if you're on Windows computer.
-r

MrFotoFool said:
If sunrises count too, here is one from Sedona (Arizona, USA) a week ago. It is a panoramic composite of four vertical shots with the 100-400 L ii (at 100mm vertical). I actually did seven shots showing a second (larger formation) to the left, but it did not work out. The formation is too large and less distinct, resulting in a lot of black, and I could not get the middle section of it to line up properly. The auto panorama builder in PS Elements that usually does a great job could not use that piece either.

Upvote 0