BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Billybob

800mm f/11 because a cellphone isn't long enough!
May 22, 2016
Very nice series. I especially like the 3rd picture.
Thanks!

On that 3rd shot, having a good lens is nice, but it's hard to beat getting close with good light. This was definitely the closest I got to the pelicans, and I was rewarded with excellent detail.

Reactions: Click

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Chasing the waves or chased by the waves? Any way it's amazing how they can navigate so close to the surface!
Red-footed Booby.

DSC_5913_DxO_DxO.jpg
DSC_5923_DxO_DxO.jpg
DSC_5928_DxO_DxO.jpg
DSC_6866_DxO-1_DxO.jpg
Sula sula - Red-footed Booby 4_DxO.jpg
Sula sula - Red-footed Booby 7_DxO.jpg
Sula sula - Red-footed Booby 8_DxO.jpg
Sula sula - Red-footed Booby 9_DxO.jpg
Sula sula - Red-footed Booby 21_DxO.jpg

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
ISO 2500, just f/8, 1/1000 and still to much motion blur either from me holding the cam or the duck beeing too fast ;)
But a nice refection :cool:

View attachment 197938
Nice shot. I honestly don't even shoot my dogs at anything less than 1/1600th. Birds moving are just to quick to shoot (personal I feel) anything less than 1/4000th. I'm sure there is someone out there that will state differently but my settings usually sit at 1/5000th + / f7.1 and auto ISO. Given today's software technology I don't cringe on my ISO even if it's reading 25,000 on my R5! Best part is getting out, getting in some shots and enjoying the time & experience with wildlife. Everything else is an excuse to debate over and enjoy the love of photography.

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Nice shot. I honestly don't even shoot my dogs at anything less than 1/1600th. Birds moving are just to quick to shoot (personal I feel) anything less than 1/4000th. I'm sure there is someone out there that will state differently but my settings usually sit at 1/5000th + / f7.1 and auto ISO. Given today's software technology I don't cringe on my ISO even if it's reading 25,000 on my R5!
Thanks for that reply! As I don't like squeezing out noise in post and as I don't have The R5 but older sensor tech I don't like to go above ISO2000.

Best part is getting out, getting in some shots and enjoying the time & experience with wildlife. Everything else is an excuse to debate over and enjoy the love of photography.
Very true and I agree. Esp. because I prefer beeing out so much more over PP at the PC ;)

AlanF

Stay at home
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Nice shot. I honestly don't even shoot my dogs at anything less than 1/1600th. Birds moving are just to quick to shoot (personal I feel) anything less than 1/4000th. I'm sure there is someone out there that will state differently but my settings usually sit at 1/5000th + / f7.1 and auto ISO. Given today's software technology I don't cringe on my ISO even if it's reading 25,000 on my R5! Best part is getting out, getting in some shots and enjoying the time & experience with wildlife. Everything else is an excuse to debate over and enjoy the love of photography.
Agreed about high speeds though I tend to max out at 1/3200s for BIF but I like being faster than 1/1000s in general. Motion blur is more destructive than blur from high iso.

Reactions: Valvebounce