BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
ISO 2500, just f/8, 1/1000 and still to much motion blur either from me holding the cam or the duck beeing too fast ;)
But a nice refection :cool:

View attachment 197938
Nice shot. I honestly don't even shoot my dogs at anything less than 1/1600th. Birds moving are just to quick to shoot (personal I feel) anything less than 1/4000th. I'm sure there is someone out there that will state differently but my settings usually sit at 1/5000th + / f7.1 and auto ISO. Given today's software technology I don't cringe on my ISO even if it's reading 25,000 on my R5! Best part is getting out, getting in some shots and enjoying the time & experience with wildlife. Everything else is an excuse to debate over and enjoy the love of photography.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Nice shot. I honestly don't even shoot my dogs at anything less than 1/1600th. Birds moving are just to quick to shoot (personal I feel) anything less than 1/4000th. I'm sure there is someone out there that will state differently but my settings usually sit at 1/5000th + / f7.1 and auto ISO. Given today's software technology I don't cringe on my ISO even if it's reading 25,000 on my R5!
Thanks for that reply! As I don't like squeezing out noise in post and as I don't have The R5 but older sensor tech I don't like to go above ISO2000.

Best part is getting out, getting in some shots and enjoying the time & experience with wildlife. Everything else is an excuse to debate over and enjoy the love of photography.
Very true and I agree. Esp. because I prefer beeing out so much more over PP at the PC ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Nice shot. I honestly don't even shoot my dogs at anything less than 1/1600th. Birds moving are just to quick to shoot (personal I feel) anything less than 1/4000th. I'm sure there is someone out there that will state differently but my settings usually sit at 1/5000th + / f7.1 and auto ISO. Given today's software technology I don't cringe on my ISO even if it's reading 25,000 on my R5! Best part is getting out, getting in some shots and enjoying the time & experience with wildlife. Everything else is an excuse to debate over and enjoy the love of photography.
Agreed about high speeds though I tend to max out at 1/3200s for BIF but I like being faster than 1/1000s in general. Motion blur is more destructive than blur from high iso.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0