Canada
WOW! Beautiful shot, Alan.
a025.gif

Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
A few shots test shots from the first weekend with the R5...the light has fairly sucked since it arrived Thursday, but I grabbed a bit of sunset light on the egret that day. The heron & osprey were taken this morning, overcast and hazy but I couldn't resist. Both of these were quick shots - not the birds I was watching but the R5 responded quite well, powering up before I brought it to my eye and locked on these guys as the flew past. Despite the pictures not being much to talk about, the ability to grab these unexpected opportunities is what I was most concerned about with mirrorless. No concerns any more.

The other concern I had related to EVF and would it limit my ability to track the birds. Rest assured, my struggles to track this morning had nothing to do with the R5 and it's EVF, and everything to do with being in a kayak on choppy water with gusty winds.

I was, and am, very satisfied with this camera. I don't miss the 5D4 any more, and don't need the 7D2 any more either. Guess it's going up on the block to pay for the RF 35 I ordered today. ;)

R5_100_0116-2.jpg
R5_100_0777.jpgR5_100_0905.jpg

Attachments

• R5_100_0051-2.jpg
    R5_100_0051-2.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
A few shots test shots from the first weekend with the R5...the light has fairly sucked since it arrived Thursday, but I grabbed a bit of sunset light on the egret that day. The heron & osprey were taken this morning, overcast and hazy but I couldn't resist. Both of these were quick shots - not the birds I was watching but the R5 responded quite well, powering up before I brought it to my eye and locked on these guys as the flew past. Despite the pictures not being much to talk about, the ability to grab these unexpected opportunities is what I was most concerned about with mirrorless. No concerns any more.

The other concern I had related to EVF and would it limit my ability to track the birds. Rest assured, my struggles to track this morning had nothing to do with the R5 and it's EVF, and everything to do with being in a kayak on choppy water with gusty winds.

I was, and am, very satisfied with this camera. I don't miss the 5D4 any more, and don't need the 7D2 any more either. Guess it's going up on the block to pay for the RF 35 I ordered today. ;)

View attachment 191798
View attachment 191799View attachment 191800
Nice. If that second one was a sudden opportunity and the camera managed a quick and clean focus lock with that background then I am impressed.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0