California Sunsets 2013

grahamclarkphoto

Just a photographer who loves to travel.
The light in 2013 was quite unique, and weather conditions in California contributed to some interesting lighting conditions, to say the least! Freezing in SF to rain and snow in Death Valley.

Captured these while at a workshop with PhotoTourSF.com recently. If you have any questions let me know! : )

Graham

San_Francisco_Photo_Tour1.jpg

San_Francisco_Photo_Tour6.jpg

San_Francisco_Photo_Tour3.jpg

San_Francisco_Photo_Tour7.jpg

San_Francisco_Photo_Tour4.jpg

San_Francisco_Photo_Tour2.jpg

San_Francisco_Photo_Tour5.jpg

grahamclarkphoto

Just a photographer who loves to travel.
Mr_Canuck said:
That's a great set of shots. Nice work. Was the rock wall anywhere near that red? The only thing that jumps out at me. Your treatment of the images is strongly saturated but I think still tasteful and not overdone.

yosemite-winter-2-up.jpg

Interesting timing that you ask, as I was just posting about my trip to Yosemite this past weekend with original .CR2s + TIFFs of the images. Check it out here: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=19217.msg359907#msg359907

With a long exposure on a low ISO the reds come out-of-camera with too much saturation. I'm careful never to increase saturation in that situation, with sometimes actually decreasing saturation a bit, while at the same time increasing exposure slightly.

Upvote 0