Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

Kiton

Too deep in Canon to list! :o
Jun 13, 2015
FF lenses don't get much smaller than the 28 f/2.8 and it has very good IQ. Get 2 and you will be almost to f/1.8 :ROFLMAO:.
:LOL:
for decades we only had 400 asa film and we all had f2 glass and were fine, Nikon, Canon and Leica made their names with f2. They are great carry around/travel/news lenses.

I have the 28 pancake,
not bad, but I will give it to my daughter in a nanosecond and replace it with a solid F2 or 1.8 lens.
Nikon has an entire series of G 1.8 glass.
Canon is more than capable......... if they wish

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Dragon

EF 800L f/5.6, RF 800 f/11
May 29, 2019
Oregon
:LOL:
for decades we only had 400 asa film and we all had f2 glass and were fine, Nikon, Canon and Leica made their names with f2. They are great carry around/travel/news lenses.

I have the 28 pancake,
not bad, but I will give it to my daughter in a nanosecond and replace it with a solid F2 or 1.8 lens.
Nikon ----- "G" ???????

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
Nikkon ----- "G" ???????
И∤К̓КΩИ G has a 100mp medium format sensor with lenses said to be refined to fully meet professional requirements in the studio or out in the field, but you have to order it from an alternate reality. The good thing is sensor equivalency doesn't result in a change you didn't think about there.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I have the 28 pancake,
Both the G/Z f1.8 primes are not small enough to be comparing with the RF28 pancake

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
:ROFLMAO:
You people are a joke. You complain endlessly, and have absolutely nothing positive to say to anyone, ever. Such shallow lives you all must lead.
You’re a mess of contradictions. You shoot at wide apertures but you’re narrow-minded. You accuse others of having nothing positive to say after you insult people. You say others have shallow lives, yet here you are with the depth of f/1.2.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I see I'm living rent free in a lot of empty minds. While I was out actually doing photography jobs you're all busy complaining about me. :ROFLMAO:
Yet here you are, responding with more insults.

It seems you deleted your ineffectual example of the benefits of shallow DoF to avoid further embarrassment, and decided instead to demonstrate the benefits of a shallow personality. Well, at least you’re able to provide a good example of something.

Upvote 0

JohnC

CR Pro
Sep 22, 2019
Gainesville,GA
:ROFLMAO:
You people are a joke. You complain endlessly, and have absolutely nothing positive to say to anyone, ever. Such shallow lives you all must lead.
Actually, you started this particular party with a somewhat antagonistic generalization about what "people here" must not care about, that you do care about.

I'm sure the response (s) you received were what your goal was in the first place, yet now you attempting to use those statements to paint another general picture...with you in the righteous king's chair of course.

Now I don't have a dog in this fight, as I could care less what you happen to think, but if you are going to purposefully stir the pot, don't complain when it spills over in you.

• Love
Upvote 0
Yet here you are, responding with more insults.

It seems you deleted your ineffectual example of the benefits of shallow DoF to avoid further embarrassment, and decided instead to demonstrate the benefits of a shallow personality. Well, at least you’re able to provide a good example of something.
You are the picture perfect definition of a narcissist. It's really no wonder everyone thinks poorly of you. Truly pathetic. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Actually, you started this particular party with a somewhat antagonistic generalization about what "people here" must not care about, that you do care about.

I'm sure the response (s) you received were what your goal was in the first place, yet now you attempting to use those statements to paint another general picture...with you in the righteous king's chair of course.

Now I don't have a dog in this fight, as I could care less what you happen to think, but if you are going to purposefully stir the pot, don't complain when it spills over in you.
There you go, keep it going, oust yourselves as the pathetic losers I already knew you to be. I'm quite enjoying this. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
I think I’m responsible for this little rumpus as I questioned tbgtomcom’s assertion that a “35mm f/1.2 would be great for low light receptions”. Never understood this. It’s like a landscape photographer getting a 1.2 lens so he can always hand hold a fast enough shutter speed to avoid camera shake. It takes no account of total lack of any dof.

Upvote 0