Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

I think I’m responsible for this little rumpus as I questioned tbgtomcom’s assertion that a “35mm f/1.2 would be great for low light receptions”. Never understood this. It’s like a landscape photographer getting a 1.2 lens so he can always hand hold a fast enough shutter speed to avoid camera shake. It takes no account of total lack of any dof.
How dare me to think that shooting a lens wide open would be a good thing. :unsure:

Upvote 0
I'd suggest you consult a good psychiatrist who might help you overcome your aggressivity.
Camera forums are not meant to vent one's frustrations.
Look, I'd love to stay and feed you trolls, but I have another shoot I'm packing up to head out to. Have a great day! ;)

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
There you go, keep it going, oust yourselves as the pathetic losers I already knew you to be. I'm quite enjoying this. :ROFLMAO:
I’m sure you are.

From your profile:
When I'm not volunteering my work for our church…
Well, look at you. Such a fine, upstanding person. You volunteer. For your church. How noble you are.

I’m sure the head of your church would be proud of you, seeing you insult total strangers. Is that something your church encourages? Or is it just you being a complete hypocrite and making an ass of yourself along the way?

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
How dare me to think that shooting a lens wide open would be a good thing. :unsure:
I’d dare to suggest that if you really want something that’s better for low light receptions it would be a camera with the best possible high iso performance.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I think I’m responsible for this little rumpus as I questioned tbgtomcom’s assertion that a “35mm f/1.2 would be great for low light receptions”.
Questioning someone’s assertions shouldn’t cause a rumpus. It’s not your fault that @tbgtomcom responded to your questioning with an example that actually contravened his assertion, to the extent that he subsequently deleted it. Nor is it your fault that when his example was challenged, he responded with petulant behavior.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Look, I'd love to stay and feed you trolls, but I have another shoot I'm packing up to head out to. Have a great day! ;)
Interesting definition of troll you have, seems to be "anyone who disagrees with me". As another bystander I would suggest any trolling here (by any reasonable definition) is happening in the other direction, but no doubt you will class me with your new enemies. Have at it. Incidentally I've always found it interesting how the more aggressive people become, the more they use certain emojis, especially the laughing one. I'm put in mind of that meme of the face crying behind the mask.

Upvote 0
I’m sure you are.

From your profile:

Well, look at you. Such a fine, upstanding person. You volunteer. For your church. How noble you are.

I’m sure the head of your church would be proud of you, seeing you insult total strangers. Is that something your church encourages? Or is it just you being a complete hypocrite and making an ass of yourself along the way?
People are going to think you have a crush on me ;)

Upvote 0
You are the picture perfect definition of a narcissist. It's really no wonder everyone thinks poorly of you. Truly pathetic. :ROFLMAO:
There you go again.... speaking for everyone as if you know me.

There you go, keep it going, oust yourselves as the pathetic losers I already knew you to be. I'm quite enjoying this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(slang)
In slang, a troll is a person who posts or makes inflammatory, insincere, digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages online (such as in social media, a newsgroup, a forum, a chat room, an online video game) or in real life, with the intent of provoking others into displaying emotional responses,[2] or manipulating others' perception, thus acting as a bully or a provocateur. The behavior is typically for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities or purposefully causing confusion or harm to other people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
yes, I am aware. but that is my dream and hope, a lens between the pancakes and the 1.2 stuff that should be shipped with a sherpa.
In the later years of the EF mount, Canon launched a trio of IS USM lenses, the 24/2.8, 28/1.8 and 35/2. They were small, light and optically good, though not L lenses.

It seems like the RF 35/1.8 and 24/1.8 were cut from a similar cloth, with half-macro capability thrown in. There was rumor of a non-L 28mm lens as well (in addition to the pancake).

I’m not sure we’ll see something from Canon in between an RF 35/1.2L and the existing 35/1.8, for example.

Upvote 0
Canon just does not get it or they really do not care about their professional camera products. Their delays of coming out with new updated cameras just gives Sony more camera sales. I know most of the Union set photographers have moved over to the Sony system. I don't know of anyone using Canon right now. I started with Canon when I started professionally shooting with the Canon AE-1 in the late 70's and I just retired as an advertising/editorial photographer. I had been very brand loyal to Canon for many years and I have seem a great deal of the Canon market share lost recently to Sony because they are proactive with timely releasing new and better products.

• Haha
Upvote 0

danfaz

Coffee Fiend
Jul 14, 2015
www.1fineklick.com
Canon just does not get it or they really do not care about their professional camera products. Their delays of coming out with new updated cameras just gives Sony more camera sales. I know most of the Union set photographers have moved over to the Sony system. I don't know of anyone using Canon right now. I started with Canon when I started professionally shooting with the Canon AE-1 in the late 70's and I just retired as an advertising/editorial photographer. I had been very brand loyal to Canon for many years and I have seem a great deal of the Canon market share lost recently to Sony because they are proactive with timely releasing new and better products.
Didn't you leave for Sony back in 2019? I'm just asking because I don't understand why you'd still be on this forum complaining?
If I left a camera system/forum, I wouldn't go back to that forum and post complaints.

1708460989391.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
…I have seem a great deal of the Canon market share lost recently to Sony because they are proactive with timely releasing new and better products.
Similarly, I’ve seen Canon lose a lot of market share to Sony in the market comprising the photo backpack of my friend, Dave.

News flash: Dave doesn’t represent the actual camera market. Nor does what you’ve seen, or seem, as the case may be.

You can believe whatever you want. According to poll results shown recently on CNN, 10% of Americans believe the earth is flat. Seems you have ample company if you choose to believe things that are manifestly untrue.

TL;DR – there are a lot of idiots out there.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Didn't you leave for Sony back in 2019? I'm just asking because I don't understand why you'd still be on this forum complaining?
If I left a camera system/forum, I wouldn't go back to that forum and post complaints.

View attachment 215098
This is what trolls usually do...

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012

View attachment 215098
The internet's propensity for remembering things stated years ago is almost as good as my wife's!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Nov 13, 2023
Are those new and better Sony products the ones that took 10 years until they could make a camera with a decent comfortable grip? Or the ones that took just as long to try and solve their dust on sensor issues? Is this the same Sony that uses cheaper glass in its EVFs, which make them duller than the other brands despite higher DPI's? Or the Sony where most of the line still can't manage more than about 10 fps while the other brands are doing 30 or 40? You must be thinking of a different Sony, certainly not the one that was last of the brands to offer pre-capture and in-camera focus stacking. That can't possibly be the proactive, timely, new and better Sony??

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0