Canon boosts forecasts, printer and camera demand strong

Sep 17, 2014
100-500 for >3.000€…but psst!
And those other >2.500€ lenses! Which were before (EF) 1.000-2.000€. And also the cameras are more expensive then before some years…

I got my 100-400 II for £1700, now the 100-500 is £3000, that's 75% price increase in UK. That's just crazy for essentially a replacement for the 100-400 in RF mount. For £3000 i would rather get an used 500 F4.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
I’m not a Fuji shooter (my kids’ Instax cameras notwithstanding), but if I were, I’d be concerned since they are reportedly maintaining their Imaging Division primarily as a ‘contribution to society’.
One of a reason people seem to have a difficult time understanding the Canon lineup is that Canon simply sells what will sell.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Kodak pivoted into healthcare as well.
They did not exactly go out of business.

Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
Most of that money comes from Instax cameras.
Yes, and as I posted above it also says that the Fuji digital camera division is making money right now and that they are happy to continue it since it is making money. I'm rather amused that so many can continue such a "going out of business?" thread when the digital division is making money and they state that they're happy to continue it, and that the other parts of the company are making even more money (that's a good think, I'd think!).

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Yes, and as I posted above it also says that the Fuji digital camera division is making money right now and that they are happy to continue it since it is making money. I'm rather amused that so many can continue such a "going out of business?" thread when the digital division is making money and they state that they're happy to continue it, and that the other parts of the company are making even more money (that's a good think, I'd think!).
They aren't really making enough money to justify to their investors staying in the digital camera business which is what prompted the CEO to make the statement that they are staying in the camera business out of tradition and to contribute to society.

Upvote 0