7014795709_bd28c4645f_c.jpg

7014791965_d19158493a_c.jpg

and as a portrait lens...

7161927721_9fbc0c1561_c.jpg

Upvote 0
Re: Canon EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM

K-amps said:
lundstrom.emil said:

Wow... with such less DoF how in the world did you plan for this shot?

sandymandy said:
Looks like he shot it indoors on a mirror. Then its just try and try and try and try and

How?? Well I saw the object, Just the DoF button to find my favourite aperture and it was f/2.8 to get a smooth Background. After I used the continuos AF with ONE AF point fixed on the '"black thing", and went back a couple of centimetres (around 40cm from the object) to get the right Dof, turn of One shot AF and then I took a couple of shots, and cropped the image.

No mirrors, no indoors, no tripod. :)

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
Re: Canon EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM

lundstrom.emil said:
K-amps said:
lundstrom.emil said:

Wow... with such less DoF how in the world did you plan for this shot?

sandymandy said:
Looks like he shot it indoors on a mirror. Then its just try and try and try and try and

How?? Well I saw the object, Just the DoF button to find my favourite aperture and it was f/2.8 to get a smooth Background. After I used the continuos AF with ONE AF point fixed on the '"black thing", and went back a couple of centimetres (around 40cm from the object) to get the right Dof, turn of One shot AF and then I took a couple of shots, and cropped the image.

No mirrors, no indoors, no tripod. :)
Fantastic shot! What is the yellow in the background?

Upvote 0
florianbieler.de said:
lundstrom.emil said:
Leafs in Green and red mixed colours :)

As the bokeh seemed very distractive to me and also the pic is very noisy, I looked at the EXIF's and must ask: Why in the world would you shoot that with F32?

The noisy picture was a part of my answer to this related picture :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/imaginize/8000729304/#

I shoot it at F32 just to see what kind of result I would get.

Upvote 0