Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Really nice pictures, serendipidy!

I mostly like the palm leaves. Because of that geometrical pattern and the tiny white hair and waterdrops.
About composition: did you try to do this motive diagonal? (Not this specific picture. Surely won't work. I meant reframing)
Might give it an extra touch if it brakes out of the rectangular order.

Upvote 0
Maximilian said:

I mostly like the palm leaves. Because of that geometrical pattern and the tiny white hair and waterdrops.
About composition: did you try to do this motive diagonal? (Not this specific picture. Surely won't work. I meant reframing)

Thanks Maximilian. Sorry for delay, but just read your reply. Good suggestion about diagonal framing. I took this and cropped again on diagonal several tries.
Sago Palm(Cycas revoluta) leaves by EricJ777, on Flickr

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
serendipidy said:
Maximilian said:

Thanks Maximilian. Sorry for delay, but just read your reply. Good suggestion about diagonal framing. I took this and cropped again on diagonal several tries.
These look lovely!

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
serendipidy said:
Maximilian said:

The delay was worth waiting for it.
The first one looks best IMHO because of the ascending direction from left to right
(there was something psychological about giving a positive feeling... ::) ;) )
But the others are also fine.

Upvote 0
Thanks rpt and Maximilian. :)

I agree that the first one is best because of the ascending left to right direction.

I recently noticed that the composition of many of the birds and animal shots posted here on CR that I like the best are the ones in which the animal is facing towards the left side of the frame. I finally figured out that is probably because, since I read from left to right, I subconsciously scan from left to right and therefore see the animals face first instead of it's rear.

Upvote 0