Canon EOS 3D X [CR1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manlio24

Chewy734 said:
So, if the 3D is supposed to between the 5D and 1D series, that also means the price will be somewhere between $3500 and $6800. If this is supposed to compete with the D800(E), then I think Canon seriously missed its price-point.

If this is supposed to compete with medium format cameras a price between 3000$ and 6000$ is not a bad idea.

Upvote 0
torger said:
K-amps said:
"Industry leading ISO Performance" limited to 6400 native :p

High MP cameras is not about high ISO performance, it is about high DR at base ISO. If your applications require high ISO they don't require high MP, and then there's 5Dmk3 and 1DX.

If it will offer 12 DR stops @ ISO 6400 then why forbid them go so far? :D

Upvote 0
Chewy734 said:
So, if the 3D is supposed to between the 5D and 1D series, that also means the price will be somewhere between $3500 and $6800. If this is supposed to compete with the D800(E), then I think Canon seriously missed its price-point.

I think it shouldn't compete directly with the D800(E). Making a prosumer body for a camera that requires top-of-the-line pro lenses to make full use of the pixels is just strange, which is what Nikon has done. I think a high MP camera should be a pro body.

Shooting high MP to its full potential is not cheap, you need expensive tripods and/or expensive lighting, and expensive lenses. When you have to buy everything of the highest quality anyway, then the body should be that too I think.

Upvote 0
RLPhoto said:
However this camera turns out, 5D3 owners will be burned.

I'm a 5D3 owner and I won't be, I still think my camera is great for doing what I need to do and a new camera release isn't going to change that. I shoot at bars, clubs, and other dimly lit places frequently and the 5D3 is the best (1dx maybe withholding), way better than the D800 for that. I shoot macro and flowers and that too sometimes requires pushing the iso.

If this body does something that I need, which I doubt, I can pick one up for the cost of a body with all of my lenses working.

/the 5d3 isn't perfect. but the things I miss are more rarely talked about such as exposure on focus point or a better metering engine. Images that are sharper out of the camera as an option for when I don't want to do post.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
This sounds a lot like the 5D HD I've been predicting for months.

Same body, same price-point as the 5D III, but with an upsized and slightly improved 7D sensor. Take your choice: high ISO and frame rate in the 5DIII or high resolution but lower ISOs and frame rate in the 5D HD (high definition). At the same $3,500 price point as the 5DIII, it remains competitive with the D800, but doesn't undercut the 5DIII.

The 5DIII was targeted to event and wedding photographers who need clean images at higher ISOs. They won't be upset when this surfaces.

As for those worried about the ability of "L" lenses to resolve 46 mp, that's the same density as the 7D sensor.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.