Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specification List [CR1]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>The expected announcement of the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is about 4 months away and information coming has been pretty minimal, however we have received our first specification list or the camera. As with a lot of [CR1] stuff, please take it with a grain of salt, as I don’t know the person that has sent it in.</p>
<p>Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Rumored Specifications</p>
<ul>
<li>24.2MP Sensor</li>
<li>61 AF Points (41 crosstype)</li>
<li>DIGIC 7+ (Single)</li>
<li>7fps</li>
<li>ISO 100-51,200 (expandable options)</li>
<li>3.2″ touchscreen LCD</li>
<li>CFast/SD card slots</li>
<li>Wifi built-in</li>
<li>GPS built-in</li>
<li>BG-E20 battery grip</li>
<li>LP-E20 battery</li>
<li>Slight weight reduction</li>
</ul>
<p>As we hear more, we’ll be sure to pass on the information that we can.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Feb 28, 2013
If the specification is accurate Im surprised about the battery given that the LP-E6 was uprated & upgraded for the 5DS / r and to the LP-E6N. This battery is common to the 5D series at least from the MKII and to the 7D & 7D MKII, 6D, 60D, 70D and 80D and given the cost of additional batteries not an insignificant additional cost not to mention needing to carry different battery types.

If the camera is slimmed down then maybe you can see the reason why otherwise its a strange move.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
jeffa4444 said:
If the specification is accurate Im surprised about the battery given that the LP-E6 was uprated & upgraded for the 5DS / r and to the LP-E6N. This battery is common to the 5D series at least from the MKII and to the 7D & 7D MKII, 6D, 60D, 70D and 80D and given the cost of additional batteries not an insignificant additional cost not to mention needing to carry different battery types.

If the camera is slimmed down then maybe you can see the reason why otherwise its a strange move.

CFast cards will slim down your budget faster than batteries

Upvote 0
slclick said:
If correct, time to buy new cards and batteries (for some), still, only a CR1

Only a CR1, but given a specific naming has been indicated for both the BG and battery I tend to believe it's a pretty reliable rumor. The other specs appear consistent.

I had hypothesized a slight decrease in price at launch similarly to the 1DX > 1DX II, now I'm hesitant... touchscreen, wi-fi, cfast which means probably 4k...

I predict... 20 pages of comments in 48h, ha ha! ;D

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
This list is plausible, but questionable.

The new battery seems doubtful. Sure, sooner or later every battery is replaced, but I believe Canon would replace the LE-E6 series only as a last resort. And I note that the new battery is a variation on the model number for the grip. Since grip model numbers vary by camera, that seems unusual and sends up a red flag about the legitimacy of this rumor.

I'm also doubting the CFast/SD slot rumor. CFast/CF is much more plausible. But, I think the same CF/SD combination is the most likely.

The rumor contains a lot of numbers that most of us could have guessed and has no detail about that those numbers mean (particularly the 61-pt autofocus) Just how closely the autofocus mirrors the 1D X II will be a key specification and this just throws out a number with no explanation.

As I said, overall, its generally plausible, but nothing that most people on Canon Rumors couldn't have come up with themselves with no special access to inside information.

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2014
Canon Rumors said:
<p>The expected announcement of the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is about 4 months away and information coming has been pretty minimal, however we have received our first specification list or the camera. As with a lot of [CR1] stuff, please take it with a grain of salt, as I don’t know the person that has sent it in.</p>
<p>Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Rumored Specifications</p>

* 24.2MP Sensor

Excellent!

Canon Rumors said:
* CFast/SD card slots

I'll take the CF cards I have over the CFast I don't any day, and 4K be damned.

Canon Rumors said:
* Wifi built-in
* GPS built-in

Nice!

Canon Rumors said:
* LP-E20 battery

I'll take the LP-E6 I have over etc.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
I am deed taking these with a grain of salt. I do not believe them. High ISO of 51200?? The 4 year old 5D MK III goes to 102,800.

These were made up by picking from CR posts and do not make any sense.

Canon is not going to require zillions of 5D MK III owners to throw out their CF cards. Their sales would reduced by at least one buyer, not only would I lose my big investment in CF cards, but would have to purchase cfast. I will not use SD cards, there are too many issues with them.

Upvote 0
afonsoclj said:
I was hoping these specs on the 6D Mark II :'(

Don't worry, when it comes many of these specs will translate into it except AF points, fps and mag alloy body for sure. And, also for sure, I won't be a 5D IV early adopter, so I'll have enough time to see the 6D II release before deciding where to steer my money.

Upvote 0
I laugh when people talk about an investment in memory cards. Talk about a depreciating asset! Wow! They depreciate MUCH faster than cars. Seriously... You consider a handful of practically disposable memory cards from 3 years ago an investment? Pay attention. Geez.

As for this rumor or any others that show up within the next 2 months, if we are to believe that the actual announcement is 4 months away, they are complete fabrications. They may be well designed, but they're fabrications. People send them in because they're trolling CR Guy and the users of this site. They enjoy watching people get worked up.

I could easily craft a believable rumor fairly easily for the 5D Mark IV. It would take about 10 minutes. And if posted by CR Guy, it would lead to PAGES of responses which included a combination of applause, personal wish lists that varied from my well-crafted rumor, and proclamations of doom.

And for anyone wishing to create their own rumor, a sure-fire way to get it posted is to put it in a bullet point format just like the press releases. And for extra points, follow the same order that the last camera had in its bullet-point format.

Upvote 0

justsomedude

5Dm4, 5Dm4, 5Dm3, 6Dm1
Feb 20, 2011
Denver, CO
www.akphoto.com
Gimmeh.jpg

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Canon is not going to require zillions of 5D MK III owners to throw out their CF cards. Their sales would reduced by at least one buyer, not only would I lose my big investment in CF cards, but would have to purchase cfast. I will not use SD cards, there are too many issues with them.
Since I don't care 4k, this is my biggest concern, too. I just hope that by the time I'll buy one, or the 6D II, the price of CFast cards has settled considerably. As concerns SD, I use it on my 7D II for jpegs only, raws in the CF. If one fails, nothing is completely lost.

Upvote 0
justsomedude said:
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I am deed taking these with a grain of salt. I do not believe them. High ISO of 51200?? The 4 year old 5D MK III goes to 102,800.

It also says, "expandable options."

5D3 had an ISO 25,6000 standard limit. The 102,800 was expanded.

My first thougt was the same as Mt Spokane, then I realized "expandable options" is probably simply missing a "+".

Upvote 0

H. Jones

Photojournalist
Aug 1, 2014
GuyF said:
If true, I doubt this will sway potential 1DX2 owners to get this instead.

As someone buying a 1DX2, I'm likely going to put the 5D4 up next on my list. Definitely not a primary camera for me, but it looks like it'll be a worthy secondary camera. That said, I'm probably in the minority of people that would buy both.

Upvote 0