Canon EOS 7D Mark II Specifications Confirmed

TrabimanUK

In the words of Brian Johnson - "Shoot to thrill!"
Sep 19, 2013
Bristol, England
simongking said:
I will be pre-ordering this and hopefully will get one asap. Also I am kind of hoping that the price is around the £1500 mark or lower.

I doubt it - it was around, if not more than that for the original and that was 5 years ago. I'd expect it closer in price to the 5DIII, circa £2000, which would go with th current pricing structure of take the US$ price, swap the currency symbol and add at least 20% :mad:

Upvote 0
Sep 14, 2011
Paris
the samsung NX1 has better specs if true.

may be but not the number and quality of lenses we have with Canon ;)

that´s correct and i have expected that argument. :)
but then we talked only about body specs, not systems.

the lens collection upvalues any canon body... canon can be happy about that.

;D

Upvote 0

simongking

Sports, Wedding and Portrait Photographer
Sep 5, 2014
South Wales (UK)
simongking.com
TrabimanUK said:
simongking said:
I will be pre-ordering this and hopefully will get one asap. Also I am kind of hoping that the price is around the £1500 mark or lower.

I doubt it - it was around, if not more than that for the original and that was 5 years ago. I'd expect it closer in price to the 5DIII, circa £2000, which would go with th current pricing structure of take the US$ price, swap the currency symbol and add at least 20% :mad:

I paid £1250 for the original 7D when it came out so looking at a £250 increase for that. If the rumoured $$$ price is $1799 as per previous post then £1500 shouldn't be too far adrift.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
mrsfotografie said:
Question on one of the specs listed: what is "Lens electronic MF"

A setting that allows you to turn off manual focus on the small handful of lenses that use electronic MF (aka focus by wire) – currently that's the 85L II and the STM lenses, but also includes some pre-IS supertele lenses and a couple others.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Quackator said:
IF RGB + IR does not refer to metering but the image sensor,
THEN this is the most interesting camera of the last 15 years.

I think I need one.
Yes... very interesting if mean the imaging sensor... does it mean can took IR image without mod the camera?? If so... very interesting indeed....

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

TrabimanUK

In the words of Brian Johnson - "Shoot to thrill!"
Sep 19, 2013
Bristol, England
simongking said:
TrabimanUK said:
simongking said:

I paid £1250 for the original 7D when it came out so looking at a £250 increase for that. If the rumoured $$$ price is $1799 as per previous post then £1500 shouldn't be too far adrift.

Wow! You got a good price! Fair enough. If it is circa £1500, it might just sway me into getting one sooner.

Upvote 0

docsmith

CR Pro
Sep 17, 2010
weixing said:
Hi,
Quackator said:

I think I need one.
Yes... very interesting if mean the imaging sensor... does it mean can took IR image without mod the camera?? If so... very interesting indeed....

Have a nice day.

Count me as another that finds this to be a very interesting feature, if it is the image sensor.

Overall, this sounds like a potentially excellent camera. But, we should wait and see if there is new technology especially sensor tech. You can only tell so much by a spec list.

Upvote 0
docsmith said:
weixing said:
Hi,
Quackator said:

I think I need one.

Have a nice day.

Count me as another that finds this to be a very interesting feature, if it is the image sensor.

Overall, this sounds like a potentially excellent camera. But, we should wait and see if there is new technology especially sensor tech. You can only tell so much by a spec list.
Hi,
Look like it's the metering sensor... :p
Hmm... just wonder why metering sensor need to detect IR?? Meter subject that give out heat??

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0
There are some questions that will be answered in a few days(Price, sync time,...).

I expect DPreview to bring out an pre-test with some test shots a few days after announcing.
And then let us wait how good test magazines and YOU will tell us how good it is - and if it is worth buying.
The AF system & AF @ F8 is pleasing, but who knows how consistent the whole body works and how improved the Sensor is.

The specs alone are only in some point exiting. But let us see how it performs in pratical use.

I personally expected an new sensor. And I will see if Canon meets the coming products from Sony and so on in 2015. The rumors expect faster (AF&fps) bodies and new lenses... And what do i expect? An really good and evolved 5DIV

Upvote 0
weixing said:
docsmith said:
weixing said:
Hi,
Quackator said:

I think I need one.

Have a nice day.

Hi,
Look like it's the metering sensor... :p
Hmm... just wonder why metering sensor need to detect IR?? Meter subject that give out heat??

Have a nice day.

http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/06/patent-canon-5-layer-uv-ir-rgb-sensor/
Maybe this one? :-\

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
ULFULFSEN said:
Ebrahim Saadawi said:
It's very strange to me this is not exciting people. This is the highest-speced camera in the market and the highest-end crop body ever made.

the samsung NX1 has better specs if true.

- 28 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor (ISOCELL tech)
- DRIMe Image Signal Processor
- ISO 100-51200
- 15 fps with tracking.
- UHD 4K 3840×2160 at 30p/24p
- Full HD up to 60p
- 3″ Tiltable AMOLED Touch Display
- Water and dust proof
- 154 cross sensors
- Wi-Fi and NFC Connectivity
- Magnesium Alloy, Weather-Sealed Body
- Vertical grip available.
- Will announce revolutionary PD system.
- Slightly bigger body than NX30.
- Body design matches with 16-50 F2.0-F2.8 lens.
- Best high ISO performance and EVF among crop sensor bodies.
- Available on the market in October (TBD)
- Not retro design but similar with Mamiya?

Reminds me of a P&S I once bought that promised 10 fps, pity it ran out of buffer after 3 shots (small jpg) and turned whites into pinks. Horrible camera that sounded good on paper but not in reality. At least I know Canon generally delivers on it specs.

Upvote 0

DiSnapper

Goin to wait for user reviews and insights on 7D2
Marsu42 said:
DiSnapper said:
:( cant say am excited. Have to wait for reviews (user reviews) specially regarding AF and noise performance.

Real world reviews are most important, but why are people only concentrating on the fps and af system?

The new rgb+ir(!) metering system is a biggie. If this results in a less dodgy metering, this means you can ettr more safely and thus use more of the theoretical dynamic range in real life. If the 7d2 has a good vf, it will be a stellar wildlife and sports camera that covers 90% of purposes.

I will be using for Birds/Wildlife (80-20) and sports. Reason for my worry is my current 7D, its AF and noise performance are not as good as 500D. I want to upgrade, but dont want do that in haste, just like what I did with 7Ds purchase.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
mrsfotografie said:
Question on one of the specs listed: what is "Lens electronic MF"

A setting that allows you to turn off manual focus on the small handful of lenses that use electronic MF (aka focus by wire) – currently that's the 85L II and the STM lenses, but also includes some pre-IS supertele lenses and a couple others.

Thanks, Neuro :)

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
EOS iTR Autofocus and RGB + IR Photometry Sensor has got my attention.

Wonder if the iTR Autofocus is straight out of the 1Dx or it's an increment. Would/will spot metering be linked to it?

Surprised that the 65pnt AF has been confirmed was expecting 41pnt, nice.

What's not to like, looks like a great camera (ducks) my only gripe would be new grip, hardly surprising though.

Regards

Upvote 0