Canon EOS 90D full specifications

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Here are the full specifications for the upcoming Canon EOS 90D.
The EOS 90D is a powerful, fully equipped interchangeable lens camera providing you with everything you need at your fingertips to advance your photography and video skills. The EOS 90D shoots a fast 10 frames per second continuous shooting with full autofocus tracking. Paired with the 3” vari-angle LCD touch screen, the EOS 90D allows you to get creative and photograph your subject from any angle. The camera also comes equipped with a 32.5 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and the ability to shoot 4K 30p and Full HD 120p movies.

IMAGE SENSOR

Type
APS-C CMOS

Effective Pixels
Approx. 32.5 megapixels

Total Pixels
Approx. 34.4 megapixels

Aspect Ratio
3:2

Sensor Cleaning
EOS integrated cleaning system

Colour Filter Type
Primary Colour

IMAGE PROCESSOR
DIGIC 8

Type

LENS

Lens Mount
EF/EF-S

Focal Length
Equivalent to 1.6x the focal length of the lens

FOCUSING

Method
Dual Pixel CMOS AF

AF System/ Points...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
The big question for me as somebody primarily interested in wildlife and sports photography is how well a 32.5MP APS-C sensor will cope at ISO's above 1600.
With DxO PL PRIME noise reduction it will be good enough for significant cropping at iso1600.
With those specs and spot AF to boot, it's on my purchase list, hopefully for my next trip in November. Paired with the 100-400mm II it should be pretty awesome for bird photography.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Keith_Reeder

I really don't mind offending trolls.
Feb 8, 2014
Blyth, NE England
The big question for me as somebody primarily interested in wildlife and sports photography is how well a 32.5MP APS-C sensor will cope at ISO's above 1600.

I'd love to know what converter people who ask this question are using...

:rolleyes:

(And if it's about the old and utterly discredited meme that more pixels = more noise, just no...)

This is 10,000 ISO from my 7D Mk II (1000mm handheld, too), converted in Photo Ninja (way better than DxO Photolab - and a damn' sight faster), with no additional NR in PP (click on it for bigger):

012.jpg

I'm rarely below 1600 ISO, and with Photo Ninja I consider 400 ISO and 4000 ISO to be same thing in terms of how the end result will look...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

This is 10,000 ISO from my 7D Mk II (1000mm handheld, too), converted in Photo Ninja (way better than DxO Photolab - and a damn' sight faster), with no additional NR in PP (click on it for bigger):

012.jpg

I'm rarely below 1600 ISO, and with Photo Ninja I consider 400 ISO and 4000 ISO to be same thing in terms of how the end result will look...
Weird. I didn't see the picture in the post, but replying to your post I see the picture in the edit window. Very nice and sharp with very little noise. Nice!

Upvote 0

knight427

CR Pro
Aug 27, 2018
This could be a great option for me. I currently use my 6D for everything, and it's kind of rough shooting BiF (I'm sure film wildlife shooters from the past would feel very sorry for me! ;)). I use the 100-400ii, but I also own both the 1.4x and 2x TC, but those mostly get used for moon photos due to f/8 AF limits on the 6D. I understand that the 90D would give me a the equivalent of a glassless 1.6x TC. I'm curious if it would retain AF with either the 1.4x or 2X . The 2x would be pushing usability anyway, but I'm still curious.

On the other hand, as the R comes down in price, that is a more attractive single body solution. As much as I love the low light performance of my 6D, I am finally getting god enough at Milky Way photos to be DR limited. Users here have reported acceptable AF performance using the 100-400ii+2x TC, which would level the BiF playing field between the R and 90D+1.4x. But in addition I'd presumably get more DR for recovering shadows in the foreground of my Milky Way photos.

So my current hypothetical dilemma is to consider a dual body solution (6D + 90D) or a single body solution (R).

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
As a customer who buys from them even though they don't listen, it's frustrating that they don't! We have consistently asked to be brought up to atleast par with other cameras from 4 years ago. 2 card slots and 4k 60 would have easily sold me on this, unfortunately, I will not be getting this now.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

(And if it's about the old and utterly discredited meme that more pixels = more noise, just no...)

012.jpg

Good posting and with proof. BTW is this a Red-backed Vole?

Upvote 0

Keith_Reeder

I really don't mind offending trolls.
Feb 8, 2014
Blyth, NE England
As a customer who buys from them even though they don't listen

Why should they listen to you?

When have you ever actually spoken to a Canon executive with the power to make you your perfect camera?
We have consistently asked to be brought up to at least par with other cameras from 4 years ago

Who's this "we"?

And - again - who did you ask?

(Banging on about something on an internet forum is not "asking Canon...")

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0