Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
It would if it were made by Adobe. I opened PS one day when not connected to the internet and Adobe tried to delete the app as it thought my account had expired.
I have chosen to give up the good things that Photoshop once offered for me because of the way they have chosen to treat their customers. While I give up the use of it and other useful things like Lightroom, I can still smile because I am not treated that way by DXO PhotoLab, FastRawViewer or Affinity Photo that I have chosen to use instead.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Yesterday we reported the first sure-fire specifications for the upcoming Canon EOS R6 Mark II. We have no received more information about the upcoming camera.
Canon EOS R6 Mark II Specifications (New information in bold)

24mp Full-frame CMOS Sensor
Dual Pixel RAW / RAW burst
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
In-body stabilization
Digital Tele-Converter
12fps Mechanical
Hybrid Auto
4K 30p (No Crop)
4K 60p (Cropped. The EOS R6 is a 1.1x crop)
Canon Log 3/HDR PQ
Cloud RAW processing
RF/RF-S Lenses
SD/SDHC dual card slot
Not much change in the form factor over the...

Continue reading...

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Alas: and again no GPS facilities.
As I travel much, I want to have the GPS coordinates in my (RAW) pictures, as I am used to by now with my 5D Mk3 (with GPS receiver) and my 5D Mk4.
I would like to go 'Mirror-less', but not without GPS. And yes, I take the battery for granted.
The GP-E2 will likely still work in the hot shoe.

Upvote 0

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
Just look at the feature set on the rumoured R6 II vs R3, very far from being the same.

It is a different sensor.

Every product is segmented.

The R6 is limited by rolling shutter, overheating and internal recording limit.
The R6 II will be limited by the 4k60p crop and still not great rolling shutter (pretty much just like the A7 IV)
4k120p is only presented in the R5 or upwards.

The reason why the R6 used that sensor is because it was an old sensor to being with.
The 1DX III is obsolete at this point, they offer it, but they want people to move systems.

In fact, the R6 II sensor might be cheaper to produce than the R6 sensor, hence the change.

Yep! and that's the same reason why the R6II will use the R3's sensor - because by the time the R6II comes out, it will be old.

Upvote 0

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
Y'all really in here arguing that Canon is making a brand-new, mid-range 24MP sensor in 2022 . . . and it somehow isn't the same as/based on the one they already have in the R3, even though they have a recent track record of doing this exact move with the top-of-the-line 1DX Mk III and the R6? Hilarious.

I could end up being wrong (as could anyone - all of this is rumored), but the people are acting like this is impossible are fools.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

davidcl0nel

Canon R5, 17 TSE, RF35+85 IS, RF70-200 4 IS, EF135
Jan 11, 2014
Berlin
www.flickr.com
Alas: and again no GPS facilities.

It works for me on R5 to peer it with my smartphone by bluetooth and use the Canon App. I use the phone anyway for tracking with a Openstreetmap, but with this I can get the coords into the RAW.
And it doesn't use very much energy in the camera, like the 6D where you can forgot to disable it while sleep to have a fast resync....

And my phone use 4 different "GPS" systems, Glonass, Galileo and Baidou also...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Canon seems to do this often and if I remember correctly the c200 sensor was based off of the 1dxmkii and canon always seems to try to multi purpose sensors (as it is intelligent). So it could be feasible that they made a lot of sensors when they could as there has been shortages in the world and just maybe the demand was not that high for the r 3 at first and maybe just maybe canon thought hey these are not moving like anticipated sooooooo let’s repurpose, or maybe not but at least I got the narcissist to come out and do what he does best.
Canon surely would not have expected the R3 to sell in R6 II numbers.

Upvote 0