Canon EVIL/Small DSLR on the Way [CR3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaysoooon said:
+1 on having it similar to the 7D (size wise) That would be sick if it took EF and EF-S lenses since we all have more than enough of them already!
Why having a EVIL with similar size compared to 7D? Buy a 7D than! What would be the advantage? I think the main advantage of EVIL is being able to build more compact cameras...

Upvote 0
CamaJan said:
Size reduction compared to what? :eek:
I don't think going to be good if it is smaller than T2. Once you hold D90 or 50D in your hands they feel just about right. Going a bit thinner couldn't hurt but only to cca Rebel dimensions ~6cm

IMO give us a bit <50D body, FF, and HD EVF and call it a day...
Next upgrade: global shutter.
:):)
The Rebels could be more ergonomic, but they don't have to be bigger necessarily... Just give the grip a different form (a little bit thicker...)

I'm still wondering how Canon wants to seperate from EP-1, GF1 and so on... only with the capability of using EF/EF-S lenses?

Upvote 0
C

CamaJan

I agree the dont have to be bigger just more ergonomic. Besides we are talking 1-2 cm difference for any body out there, that means they are as small as practicality would allow anyway.

IMO we'll see EPL-1, GH1 type of EVIL first. :)

And yes going EVIL in DSLR form would not have any size advantage, but as said that is not really wanted, from ergonomic point of view.
And there is one more issue, IMO. Dont mess with DSLr users. If you want to keep them happy and shooting your gear, you must offer them Quality (EVF) with great tech and features, good build and compatibility with EF mount.
They won't press canon for size, much. (well maybe a smaller FF body with HD EVF wouldnt hurt) 8)

Upvote 0
CamaJan said:
They won't press canon for size, much. (well maybe a smaller FF body with HD EVF wouldnt hurt) 8)
I'm sure a smaller FF body (Rebel-sized?!) with a "conventional" mirror-viewfinder wouldn't hurt either. ;)
I definitely would buy one. I don't know if it's possible but there are a lot old SLRs out there, at the size of Rebels or even smaller, so the viewfinder shouldn't be the problem.

Upvote 0
C

CamaJan

I would to! :D
make it ~600g and, maybe 1cm wider than 550D, for slightly better grip and added direct function buttons.
EFV would definitely be a problem, it becomes just one more thin lcd and some circuitry.
EF mount compatibility is a must, though. I wouldn't want to buy and than wait ages for new lens. Or use adapters...

HD EVF? I havent seen anyone make LCD screens that small wit resolution more than 600x600.
Even high grade #D virtual reality glasses have the exact same LCDs inside them. My guess is as soon as some one makes them in higher resolution we'll see them first in those kind of devices! ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.