Canon FD TS 35mm SSC Breech Lock: Anyone know anything about this lens?

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Hello all,

In my continuing look for interesting vintage manual focus lenses to use on various mirrorless cameras, I came across this interesting lens:

Canon FD TS 35mm SSC Breech Lock

I can't find any real information on this lens, and curious if anyone here has links to info on it, or more importantly, experience with this lens?

About the only info I could find was that this was one of the first TS lenses Canon made perhaps?

I'm wondering how sharp it is, how well the TS works, etc.....I can get what appears to be a decent deal on this lens, and I've never played with TS lenses before and this might prove to be a good economical way to give one a shot.

Thank you in advance for any info, advice and/or links!!

cayenne

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Do NOT buy before testing. Or find a demanding user, maybe on this forum.
Vintage wide angles are often disappointing on digital cameras. I was unable to use my Leica R wide angles (19mm & 28) on my EOS R, simply corner-unsharp at apertures below f.8 - f11.
Could have been an adapter issue, yet I had none at all with 50mm to 560mm...
Additionally, using vintage TS lenses means working at their real aperture.
But do not misinterpret me: the Canon TS could be a very good lens, if the price is ok. But test before you buy, and get yourself a high quality adapter from Novoflex or Metabones.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Thank you VERY much, both of you!!!

Ok, gonna let this one ride. I'd been thinking of saving and going for the TS-E 24....maybe just bide my time and look for a used one that might pop up somewhere at a good price.

I think that's what I'll do.

Again, thank you for the advice!!!

cayenne

GAS can be a terrible burden...congratulations on bearing it.

Upvote 0