Canon USA refurb sale, Canon EOS R5 down to $2999, EOS R6 $1299 & EOS RP $599

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Hi, the Canon EOS R5 is USD 2999. Great. Question: how many shoot count I will get with it? I understand I am cover with Canon warranty, but I would NOT buy a used R5 with more than 10K shoots ( I want to buy a nearly new camera).
The normal expectation is < 1000 actuations. The tuning that may be required in the factory before boxing is usually the culprit of the shutter actuations. For all intensive purposes, these are "new" cameras but various laws require they be called "refurbished". The definition of "refurbished" can vary company to company. I have bought Canon refurbished gear before and it was perfect.

If there is any sort of rare problem, Canon USA will take care of the issue.

Upvote 0
Hi, the Canon EOS R5 is USD 2999. Great. Question: how many shoot count I will get with it? I understand I am cover with Canon warranty, but I would NOT buy a used R5 with more than 10K shoots ( I want to buy a nearly new camera).
10K shots is nothing for the R5. I'm well over 100K. I haven't heard of anyone wearing one out yet especially when you consider that a DSLR has a lot more moving parts to break and are typically good for at least 200-300K.

I'm just hoping the price break means an R5-II or an R1 is coming soon. I'd have to think about an upgraded R5 but I'd jump on a R1.

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2011
How much time would it take you to reach 10K shots by yourself anyway? A year?

Upvote 0

roby17269

R5, H5X + IQ1-80, DJI Mini & Mavic 3 Pro, GoPro 10
Feb 26, 2014
New York
rdmfashionphoto.com
10K shots is nothing for the R5. I'm well over 100K. I haven't heard of anyone wearing one out yet especially when you consider that a DSLR has a lot more moving parts to break and are typically good for at least 200-300K.
Agreed - the R5 (and siblings) push you to shoot more and I've past the 100K mark in 2 years or so (note: this does not mean I have kept all of those 100K frames, but I think I have around 5K keepers out of those, and in the realm of around 500 that I really like) and the camera is still happily chugging along, apart from the occasional freeze that I am still experiencing even with the latest firmware (but I think it's software related, not shutter related)
I'm just hoping the price break means an R5-II or an R1 is coming soon. I'd have to think about an upgraded R5 but I'd jump on a R1.
No jumping here until I see the confirmed specs! ;)
Less resolution than 45mp would be a big no-no for me.
Moreover the R5 is a great camera as it is. Yes it could use a better AF and other goodies, but the bar has been set high and the upcoming bodies need to impress to convince me to part with a lot of cash (I am making the hopefully non-controversial assumption that those cameras will be expensive)

Upvote 0
Another option to consider is the older and used EF 85 f/1.2L II, I got one for under $800, on my R6 I get image stabilization, AF feels as good as any RF 1.8 prime (which is not that great but still), and you get that creamy f/1.2 bokeh that you can’t get with f/2.
I thought about this exact possibility but I opted against it. First of all, the weight of the EF 85mm F1.2 is 1 kg plus the adapter. That's twice the weight. Secondly, I've looked at several reports comparing the two lenses plus the RF85mm F1.2 in real-world situations. I could hardly tell the difference IQ wise. Yes, bokeh is a bit creamier, but for me it is not worth three times the money (compared to a used copy of the EF 85mm) or even four to five times the money for the RF 85mm F1.2

Upvote 0
I thought about this exact possibility but I opted against it. First of all, the weight of the EF 85mm F1.2 is 1 kg plus the adapter. That's twice the weight. Secondly, I've looked at several reports comparing the two lenses plus the RF85mm F1.2 in real-world situations. I could hardly tell the difference IQ wise. Yes, bokeh is a bit creamier, but for me it is not worth three times the money (compared to a used copy of the EF 85mm) or even four to five times the money for the RF 85mm F1.2

I understand, the never-ending debate over primes in f/1.2 versus f/1.4 versus f/1.8 (or f2) comes down to preferences and budget. Thanks to adapted lenses working pretty good, we have choices across the board.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0