Decent Compact Hard Case for Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

neuroanatomist

Canon Rumors Premium
Jul 21, 2010
Dylan777 said:
hold one camera and one lens

More info, please. A 60D with a 50mm f/1.4 vs. a 1DsIII with a 400mm f/2.8 would require different cases... Your S100 and a pair of sunglasses would constitute a camera and 2 lenses, and could fit in a pocket. :p

Personally, if I were taking a camera and one lens, I'd carry them on, regardless.

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
neuroanatomist said:
Dylan777 said:
hold one camera and one lens

More info, please. A 60D with a 50mm f/1.4 vs. a 1DsIII with a 400mm f/2.8 would require different cases... Your S100 and a pair of sunglasses would constitute a camera and 2 lenses, and could fit in a pocket. :p

Personally, if I were taking a camera and one lens, I'd carry them on, regardless.

Hi neuroanatomist,
5D II and 50mm prime....any suggestion? beside carry with me ;)

Upvote 0
Dylan777 said:

I *hate* to beat a dead horse, but why are you against carrying-on? Have you been to China before? Are you traveling with others?

That's a small enough setup to safely carry with you; or pack away, honestly, any more than that, and I wouldn't chance it in the luggage.

Upvote 0

bonedaddy.p7

I Like Cheese
Jan 31, 2012
KY
www.flickr.com
Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
dstppy said:
Dylan777 said:

I *hate* to beat a dead horse, but why are you against carrying-on? Have you been to China before? Are you traveling with others?

That's a small enough setup to safely carry with you; or pack away, honestly, any more than that, and I wouldn't chance it in the luggage.

Hi dstppy,
I have a 17" fujitsu laptop and some electronics test equipment as carry on.

For the last 5 years, I travel to China 3-5 times a year. We have CMs in Dongguan City - we usually arrive in HongKong Airport and take Ferries to China.

and yes...I travel with my co-workers, but we all have our own stuff to carry.

I usually carry a s95 and s100 with me - but want it to try something different this time ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.