Ended: EOS M w/22mm f/2 STM $249

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>BigValueInc (99.3% approval) is selling the Canon EOS M body with the 22mm f/2 STM lens for $249. At this price, it’s one heck of a walk around point and shoot. White is the only color remaining.</p>
<p><del><strong><a href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5574981434&toolid=10001&campid=5337369210&customid=&icep_item=301291544622&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg" target="_blank">Canon EOS M w/22mm f/2 STM $249</a></strong></del></p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Re: Deal: EOS M w/22mm f/2 STM $249

PicaPica said:
great and here in germany it costs more than 550$ compared.
for 250$ or 180 Euro i would buy one too....

im thinking about buying one for a while but i feel ripped off when i see the US price.. and no.. it´s not only tax.
Eos M body + 22mm + 18-55mm + Ex 90 flash + ef adapter = 370 euros.
http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/canon-eos-m-kompakte-systemkamera-mit-ef-m-18-55mm-is-stm-ef-m-22mm-objektiv-und-speedlite-90ex-schwarz-clone-en.html

Upvote 0

Is it M or M2. Is it possible to use my EF-S 55-250 and Sigma 30mm and 17-50mm 2.8 bought for t3i with this.
Can it replace t3i. How does it compare to Sony A6000.
Thinking about moving to mirrorless down the line. Not sure if Sony has comparable lens to Canon EFS STM and other third party lens for reasonable price.

Upvote 0

dtaylor

Canon 5Ds
Jul 26, 2011

ajfotofilmagem said:
In Brazil, this kit costs $700 U.S. dollars at the official Canon store. :mad: I believe there are millions of units EOS-M not sold in USA, to sell them for the price of old stale bread. :-[

That these deals keep coming up means Canon still hasn't moved all the inventory. At this price the M+22 is an absolute steal and blows out anything else near the same price. But people have mentally written off the M so it still doesn't move like it should :(

Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com

Yes you can use EF lenses! Just buy the converter mount. If the Canon is too pricey I'd suggest looking ta the converter from Fotodiox. About $60. I just bought one today! I have old FD mounts too that I'm dying to repurpose on this!

Upvote 0

ritholtz said:
Is it M or M2. Is it possible to use my EF-S 55-250 and Sigma 30mm and 17-50mm 2.8 bought for t3i with this.
Thinking about moving to mirrorless down the line. Not sure if Sony has comparable lens to Canon EFS STM and other third party lens for reasonable price.

Its the first M. You can use any EF and EF-S lenses with them but you have to buy the adapter for it, I've seen them go as low for a new one at $60 on ebay. As for replacing a t3i, for video and image quality, its comparable. But for focus speed, t3i wins by a landslide. It depends on the subject matter, if you're only shooting static objects and landscape then the EOS M is good for you, but if you're shooting sports and kids that move around, then t3i is the better option.

As for comparing to the Sony A6000, the A6000 is the much better camera in terms of video features, focus speed, more fps, has an electronic viewfinder, more focus points and built in flash. But the EOS M has comparable image quality, magic lantern for more video features and it is less than half the price of an A6000 body with no lens and the EOS M comes with a great prime lens.

As for the lenses, its more expensive for the lenses on the sony that would be similar to the 22mm and 18-55mm canon versions.

Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com

Taemobig said:
ritholtz said:

Its the first M. You can use any EF and EF-S lenses with them but you have to buy the adapter for it, I've seen them go as low for a new one at $60 on ebay. As for replacing a t3i, for video and image quality, its comparable. But for focus speed, t3i wins by a landslide. It depends on the subject matter, if you're only shooting static objects and landscape then the EOS M is good for you, but if you're shooting sports and kids that move around, then t3i is the better option.

As for comparing to the Sony A6000, the A6000 is the much better camera in terms of video features, focus speed, more fps, has an electronic viewfinder, more focus points and built in flash. But the EOS M has comparable image quality, magic lantern for more video features and it is less than half the price of an A6000 body with no lens and the EOS M comes with a great prime lens.

As for the lenses, its more expensive for the lenses on the sony that would be similar to the 22mm and 18-55mm canon versions.

Yes, just make sure you get one with or download the latest firmware 2.02. That Improved AF speed markedly

Upvote 0

Btw, for those wondering how good the EOS M image quality is, here's a small album of photos I've taken with it.

http://imgur.com/a/F5NqT

Half was taken with the 18-55 kit lens, the other half with the 22mm. No photoshop, just lightroom adjustments and B&W conversion, except for the tree shot, I used a filter for that one.

Upvote 0

ritholtz said:

All you need is the right adaptor(s) and you can mount just about any lens you want.

Upvote 0
P

PicaPica

sweebee said:
PicaPica said:
great and here in germany it costs more than 550$ compared.
for 250$ or 180 Euro i would buy one too....

im thinking about buying one for a while but i feel ripped off when i see the US price.. and no.. it´s not only tax.
Eos M body + 22mm + 18-55mm + Ex 90 flash + ef adapter = 370 euros.
http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/canon-eos-m-kompakte-systemkamera-mit-ef-m-18-55mm-is-stm-ef-m-22mm-objektiv-und-speedlite-90ex-schwarz-clone-en.html

i know there are cheaper deals.
but it´s grey market stuff.
i could order from hong kong then too.
normal price here is higher.

from their FAQ:

As products are being imported from overseas, the Original Warranty may not be applicable with your local dealer

We currently offer shipping to the Ireland, Finland, Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway and Slovakia.

i don´t see germany. :(

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012

Bought one in UK at £199 with the 18-55, and bought cheaply the 22mm plus adapter. Only used it a few times but can say it is lovely piece of kit, which gives excellent results, in spite of negative reviews about focus speeds. Its AF worked fine with the 300mm f/2.8 + extenders but struggled with the Tamron 150-600mm at 600mm, though fine at 400mm.

Both the "kit" lenses are excellent.

Upvote 0

Taemobig said:
Btw, for those wondering how good the EOS M image quality is, here's a small album of photos I've taken with it.

http://imgur.com/a/F5NqT

Half was taken with the 18-55 kit lens, the other half with the 22mm. No photoshop, just lightroom adjustments and B&W conversion, except for the tree shot, I used a filter for that one.

Yea, i love this little camera. This is one i shot with the EOS M with 18-55mm:

IMG_6632-bewerkt-bewerkt.jpg

Upvote 0

Busted Knuckles

Enjoy this breath and the next
Oct 2, 2013

wickidwombat said:
best value camera around for an IR conversion

Brilliant - will own two in a moment :)

Well actually, I think this pretty much guarantees a M3 is in the works - might wait a until after photokina and see what gets said and then go for an IR/UV conversion.

Upvote 0
P

PicaPica

Busted Knuckles said:
wickidwombat said:
best value camera around for an IR conversion

Brilliant - will own two in a moment :)

Well actually, I think this pretty much guarantees a M3 is in the works - might wait a until after photokina and see what gets said and then go for an IR/UV conversion.

yeah i think buying directly before photokina is not a clever idea.

Upvote 0