First leaked images of the upcoming Fujifilm X100VI

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
On February 20, 2024, Fujifilm is going to announce what will be one of the most popular camera models of the year, the X100VI. The first leaked images of the camera have hit the web, and it’s definitely a “if it ain’t broke…..” in design and execution. Fujifilm X100VI Specifications (Rumored) Source: asobinet

See full article...

Reactions: 1 users
Aug 10, 2021
That's the same pixel size as 102 Mpx FF. I'd prefer the R7ii to have a much faster sensor readout without any increase in resolution.
It is pretty slow. As we see with some people's comments about the R1's rumored resolution, I expect some will be upset if the resolution remains the same or even a little more. Not that worrying about upsetting some people will stop Canon from doing whatever they think is best. They know they can't make everyone happy.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
It is pretty slow. As we see with some people's comments about the R1's rumored resolution, I expect some will be upset if the resolution remains the same or even a little more. Not that worrying about upsetting some people will stop Canon from doing whatever they think is best. They know they can't make everyone happy.
They try to make all their shareholders happy.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
I'm a bit apprehensive about the inclusion of IBIS in this camera. The X100V was already a bit notorious for getting warm in the hand. Now it's going to have an IBIS system and continue to use the pathetic WP126S battery. It does bring a bit of concern to me. I am also not the biggest fan of the 40mp X-Trans V sensor, as it's readout speed is extremely slow, low light performance is noticeably inferior to the 26mp X-Trans IV, and brings limitations to some video functionality that did not exist with the X-Trans IV.

I've seen many people excited for the 40mp just for cropping, which is true...but I would take a 26mp X-Trans IV sensor in this camera or the stacked 26mp X-Trans IV any day over the 40mp.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0