Freshly Baked Loaf MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm

Mar 25, 2011
It looks good. I like home made bread.

I entered a loaf (my first and only time) at the local fair. It was a magnificent huge loaf, one where everything seemed to go just right. Whole wheat with 12 grain cereal in it. It one a blue ribbon plus a grand champion in the bread category. This is a small county fair in Northern Idaho. The fair is bigger by far than the town that hosts it.

Here is the bread section in glorious black and white. Then, a heavy crop with color to show my only ever fair entry and blue ribbon and grand champion ribbon.

IMG_0463-L.jpg

IMG_0463-L.jpg

Upvote 0
I like the B&W OP image and recognize REAL bread when I see it. Most of you guys sound like you buy that junk they sell in the grocery store. :) Have most of you never had real, home made bread? I like the looks of the color image of the Grand Champion as well. Congrats. Adult category for baking. That means there is a kids category, etc. Geez, never been to real county fair either, eh? Deprived.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
scottkinfw said:
Congrats on the blue ribbon! Many talents.

I like the b&W.

I am curious, Adult Yeast? Is there adolescent yeast? What exactly does that mean for the non-bakers amongst us?

sek
At local fairs, they have different age categories as well as different types of breads, so Adult stands for a entry from a Adult, and Yeast means that yeast was used to make the dough rise.

There is a Junior category for younger entrants, so it would be Junior Yeast.

This is also bread machine bread, and its a separate category, seeing that bread machine bread is often not quite as nice as hand made. In my case, they lumped them all together due to the few entries. I had just bought a new bread machine, and the local 4H leader was urging the parents of the 4H children to enter something, so it was a one shot deal.

I had just bought my 35mmL about 2 days before the fair, so I used it on my 5D MK II exclusively all day at the fair. It wasn't always the best choice, but it did the job.

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
Mt Spokane Photography said:
scottkinfw said:
Congrats on the blue ribbon! Many talents.

I like the b&W.

I am curious, Adult Yeast? Is there adolescent yeast? What exactly does that mean for the non-bakers amongst us?

sek
At local fairs, they have different age categories as well as different types of breads, so Adult stands for a entry from a Adult, and Yeast means that yeast was used to make the dough rise.

There is a Junior category for younger entrants, so it would be Junior Yeast.

This is also bread machine bread, and its a separate category, seeing that bread machine bread is often not quite as nice as hand made. In my case, they lumped them all together due to the few entries. I had just bought a new bread machine, and the local 4H leader was urging the parents of the 4H children to enter something, so it was a one shot deal.

I had just bought my 35mmL about 2 days before the fair, so I used it on my 5D MK II exclusively all day at the fair. It wasn't always the best choice, but it did the job.
Ah! I was wondering if "adult" referred to the yeast or one had to show proof of age to be allowed to eat it ;)

It looks great! I am sure it tasted great. Congratulations!

Upvote 0