Hello...Anyone else from the UK?

Yes, I know what you mean, some spots have become a little too popular! Regarding Colin Prior, I have several of his books and the thing I admire most about his work is the effort and lengths he has gone to to position himself in the right place at the right time to capture the light- whether that involves camping up a mountain or climbing/coming off in darkness. Now that's dedication!

Upvote 0
P

paul13walnut5

His work is beautiful, along with Joe Cornish probably my two favourite contemporary landscapers, but once they nail a location I don't see the point even trying.

I use the photographers ephemeris for planning my shoots, occasionally tide tables, usually google maps and often flickr, just to see who has went before me has approached it, to see if I can find a new way.

Upvote 0
paul13walnut5 said:
His work is beautiful, along with Joe Cornish probably my two favourite contemporary landscapers, but once they nail a location I don't see the point even trying.

I use the photographers ephemeris for planning my shoots, occasionally tide tables, usually google maps and often flickr, just to see who has went before me has approached it, to see if I can find a new way.

You should check out Guy Edwardes work, he's one of the best landscape photographers I've seen. He's also a DSLR user as opposed to the 6x6 and large format cameras of some other photographers. His work in Slovenia and Dorset is the best I've seen in those areas

Upvote 0