Hello...Anyone else from the UK?

R

RogerJP

Roger from Essex signing in.

Present DSLR is a Pentax K100D. This was a good introduction to DSLR territory for me and allowed me to use my long Pentax lens that I had with my AE Film SLR all those years ago.

I've decided to grasp the nettle and get a whole new kit for my retirement. I am brand-neutral, although am extremely impressed with the quality of (12MP) stills I get from my top-range Sony Handycam camcorder.

Uses will be:
  • Astronomical (lenses removed, body fixed via T adapter to one of several telescopes)
  • Solar (long focal length lens with a bader filter)
  • Wildlife (various ranging from dragonflies requiring medium lens and lightning-fast reaction to shutter, to larger slower stuff requiring tripod, long lens and lots of patience)

More anon.

Upvote 0

Fleetie

Watching for pigs on the wing
Nov 22, 2010
Manchester, UK
www.facebook.com
I am from Rochester, Kent.

But I live in south Manchester now. Funnily enough, I'm going back down to Rochester for a few days after xmas, to see my Mum and sister, and I'll be taking the 7D for the first time, and a few lenses, to capture pics of the place where I began, and where I grew up for 18 years before moving north for uni in 1989.

Because I was born in the same house my Mum still lives in, and we never moved, I have many very strong memories of Rochester, and I want to get some pics of the place I still see often in my dreams and memories, even though it's changed a lot since my childhood. Some things are still the same, obviously.

Upvote 0
Kernuak said:
insanitybeard said:
Greetings from Exeter, South West UK! A lovely part of the world to live in if you like landscape photography with so much variety on your doorstep! (when it isn't chucking it down) :D
I'm an Exonian in exile.

Ha! I thought I recognised some of your landscape pictures of being around these parts! (And of course the titles of some of them was a giveaway). Lovely part of the world that we live in! Whereabouts are you living to now then? :D

Upvote 0
paul13walnut5 said:
A Scot from Kilmarnock ('The Scheme' from the TV show, to be precise) now living in Glasgow, in a flat over-looking the Clyde.

Do you do much in the way of Landscape photography? Scotland has a special place in my heart for it's amazing scenery- I have particular fondness for the rugged desolate beauty of Skye and the far North-West- Torridon, Sutherland etc... Bleak as you can get in stormy weather, out of this world on a (maybe rare!) sunny day, and magical in any weather! (rose tinted specs maybe, but still an amazing place!) :)

Upvote 0
P

paul13walnut5

@insanitybeard
Do you do much in the way of Landscape photography? Scotland has a special place in my heart for it's amazing scenery- I have particular fondness for the rugged desolate beauty of Skye and the far North-West- Torridon, Sutherland etc... Bleak as you can get in stormy weather, out of this world on a (maybe rare!) sunny day, and magical in any weather! (rose tinted specs maybe, but still an amazing place!) :)

Not as much as I should, or even stills these days in general, mainly using cameras for video just now.

There are some brilliant locations on the west coast, but I try to avoid them as theres so many folk doing the same classic locations but at a better standard than me, Colin Prior has a lot to answer for, I swear there's a tripod footprint worn into the bedrock at Buachaille Etive Mor and the Old Man of Storr.

I do stuff mainly along the clyde coast and islands, as they are generally ignored by everybody bar locals.

Upvote 0