Here are more specifications for the Canon EOS R5

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Ooh, perhaps it's like some phone cameras out there, it starts taking pictures before you have pressed the shutter button fully and then carries on until it's released.
The M6 II actually has that feature already, combined with the 30 FPS boost / crop mode. Would be nice if they put that into these FF bodies.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
I'm disappointed even though I don't plan on even buying the R5....still stuck with a 1/200 flash sync speed. 1/250 electronic flash sync speed doesn't improve much. A higher flash sync speed might have made me consider the R5 for photography.

I'll keep hoping for a global shutter MILC from Canon. Both in the M200 form factor as well as the R5 form factor.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
it says it has ibis, lens is, then digital is. also it says 8 steps not 8 stops. Dont know if that's error or it means the same as stops or steps?

It's a google translate from the original Japanese source, so I'm going to assume 'step' means 'stop'. Canon has talked about '8 stops' in interviews already.

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Pack it up boys, we're done here. This thing is dead on arrival, literally unusable. Essential features it appears to lack:

• Flash sync faster than 1/250s
  • Internal/software ND filter
  • Shutter speeds faster than 1/8000s
  • Dual gain sensor
  • Pixel shift hi-res mode
  • Global shutter
  • XLR ports
  • Waveforms (probably)
  • Quad Pixel CMOS AF
  • Integrated collapsible EF adapter
  • Air cooling
  • IP68 rated weatherproofing
  • Optical viewfinder
  • Holographic LCD
  • Radioisotope power source
  • Cup holder
  • Weather control
  • Ability to see into the future
  • Anything else?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0

DBounce

Canon Eos R3
May 3, 2016
Rolling shutter should be good based on the emphasis on “high speed readout”. Questions remain with dynamic range but I’m optimistic that Canon has made improvements here also. As of 28 minutes until the official announcement of... Canons biggest product launch ever... their words, not mine, I’m thinking there might actually be no “got you” this time around. Also interesting that this camera appears to have included some AI face lighting trickery.

Upvote 0
Rolling shutter should be good based on the emphasis on “high speed readout”. Questions remain with dynamic range but I’m optimistic that Canon has made improvements here also. As of 28 minutes until the official announcement of... Canons biggest product launch ever... their words, not mine, I’m thinking there might actually be no “got you” this time around. Also interesting that this camera appears to have included some AI face lighting trickery.

Quad Digic 10 processors, with each one reading out 25% of sensor are, that would make sensor read out 4x faster ... from 30ms to 7.x ms. Never loose hope :)

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
DPR reports that there's a new improved version of the 5D4's Dual Pixel RAW feature:

The camera brings an update to the Dual Pixel Raw feature that debuted on the EOS 5D Mark IV. Using the Dual Pixel sensor design, you can adjust background clarity (which we're waiting to hear more on), as well as a 'portrait relighting' feature that is similar to some relighting options we've seen on smartphones. It uses facial recognition data and some depth information from the AF system, and we'll be taking a closer look at it when we have a full production unit.

Upvote 0