Here is the USD Pricing for the EOS M50 & Speedlite 470EX-AI

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
We now know the USD pricing for the upcoming EOS M50, EOS M50 kits and Speedlite 470EX-AI.</p>
<p>We figured we’d let you know just in case you wanted to save some extra pennies this weekend for a preorder.</p>
<ul>
<li>Canon EOS M50 Body (Black) $779</li>
<li>Canon EOS M50 (Black) w/EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM $899</li>
<li>Canon EOS M50 (White) w/EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM $899</li>
<li>Canon EOS M50 (Black) w/Zoom Lens Kit $1249</li>
<li>Canon EOS M50 Video Creators Kit $999</li>
<li>Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI $399</li>
</ul>
<p>The pricing for the Canon EOS M50 is terrific if we go by the specifications of the camera.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Jun 20, 2013
Canon Rumors said:
We now know the USD pricing for the upcoming EOS M50, EOS M50 kits and Speedlite 470EX-AI.</p>
<p>We figured we’d let you know just in case you wanted to save some extra pennies this weekend for a preorder.</p>
<ul>
<li>Canon EOS M50 Body (Black) $779</li>
<li>Canon EOS M50 (Black) w/EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM $899</li>
<li>Canon EOS M50 (White) w/EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM $899</li>
<li>Canon EOS M50 (Black) w/Zoom Lens Kit $1249</li>
<li>Canon EOS M50 Video Creators Kit $999</li>
<li>Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI $399</li>
</ul>
<p>The pricing for the Canon EOS M50 is terrific if we go by the specifications of the camera.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

not bad. a little higher than I would have wanted, but still, not bad. Canon just put a shot across the bow of all other mirrorless cameras for vlogging.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
That M50 and 15-45 kit is going to become the new vlogging darling. I’d be surprised if a dozen of the higher profile creators don’t have them already. We’ll see blanket coverage of them from the usual suspects within a few days of release all saying how it is the perfect vlogging tool, 4K, dpaf, Canon colors, flip screen, eye focus blah blah.

Looks like the M5 MkII could be a very interesting photographers camera with great video capabilities too.

Upvote 0

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Wow, that's a great price.

It would be a nice replacement for an 70D+10-18 that I sometimes have clipped to my backpack or belt (either camera #2 or #3 when I go birding).

Yes, it is missing a lot ergonomically (controls, I mean), and I would never use this for a main camera, but I usually carry something wide to shoot the odd neat spot or strange tree when I go birding.

Re - Speedlite - that is a decent price there, too.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
privatebydesign said:
That M50 and 15-45 kit is going to become the new vlogging darling. I’d be surprised if a dozen of the higher profile creators don’t have them already. We’ll see blanket coverage of them from the usual suspects within a few days of release all saying how it is the perfect vlogging tool, 4K, dpaf, Canon colors, flip screen, eye focus blah blah.

for sure. it appears like the camera is pretty much dumbed down for video. it's meant to do one thing well for one particular segment. it's not going to have waveforms, log,etc,etc,etc because to be honest, vloggers don't need that for the most part.

they still need a more serious video ILC to sit above this, but it's a step in a right direction. it will be interesting to see how quickly canon rolls out DIGIC 8. it's usually takin a long time to get DIGIC's from the powershot group into the DSLR group and out the door.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
Talys said:

It would be a nice replacement for an 70D+10-18 that I sometimes have clipped to my backpack or belt (either camera #2 or #3 when I go birding).

Yes, it is missing a lot ergonomically (controls, I mean), and I would never use this for a main camera, but I usually carry something wide to shoot the odd neat spot or strange tree when I go birding.

an M5 or M6 with a 11-22 or 22 would really be a better option for this really.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
rrcphoto said:
Talys said:

an M5 or M6 with a 11-22 or 22 would really be a better option for this really.

Yep – M6 + M11-22 in a Lowepro Dashpoint 30 makes a great tag-along.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
rrcphoto said:
TonyPicture said:
Does any know if we'll see a jump in image quality on the stills front regarding the new M50?

i'd say no. it's probably a safe guess. the rumors didn't really say much about improved sensor,etc.

I agree, probably very little difference.... we are getting close to the limits of the tech..... unless they change the tech! I find the CR3 files to be “interesting”.... they could herald a radical tech change, or they could be introducing a file format for a future change, possibly in the 7D3, or it could mean nothing more than housekeeping....

My bet is on an improvement that only the most fanatical pixel peepers can notice.....

Upvote 0
I have read somewhere that Canon RAW files contain somewhat more dynamic range and ability to push shadows than is currently being exploited.
LINK: http://www.clarkvision.com/articles/canon.raw.processing1/
Software like Adobe Camera RAW doesn't know how to fully exploit this, and we get weird color shifts and more noise when doing extreme shadow pushing.

This is due to how Canon format their RAW files, with Sony, Nikon and others doing things differently.

Please don't misunderstand me... I'm not saying Canon can equal or beat Sony dynamic range.... just that the gap is narrower.

Maybe these new RAW files will make things easier.... just move a slider and you're done.

Upvote 0
Seems like it'll be a great camera for both vloggers and those who watch vlogs. Great AF and crisp 4K at an affordable price. I'm mostly a vlog watcher, and am getting pretty tired of all the focus hunting and warping I see from other cameras trying to get and keep focus. Production value isn't everything, but focus is probably second only to sound on the technical side of things in importance.

Upvote 0