Here is the USD Pricing for the EOS M50 & Speedlite 470EX-AI

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
neuroanatomist said:
RayValdez360 said:
how is the m50 so cheap but way better than any rebel and is more modern then even the high end cameras.

How is my post way better, and more modern than yours? Well, it's better because it's properly punctuated. It's more modern because it's newer.
My post is newer than yours, and it is better because I am innovative and have used a flashtacular new word!

Upvote 0
This looks like an upgraded body from the M5: newer processor and upgraded video. Canon will have to reduce the price on the M5, it is not selling well anyway. Still the M series bodies are progressing but where are the lenses? Why would anyone invest 800-900 for a M body when they the native lens offerings are limited to F6.3 kit zooms? Canon is nuts if they think buyers will use DSRL EOS lenses on these tiny bodies, as it defeats the purpose of a small form factor. If Fuji can develop a whole series of rugged, well regarded fast lenses for the mirrorless cameras in a few years why can't Canon"

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
john kriegsmann said:
Why would anyone invest 800-900 for a M body when they the native lens offerings are limited to F6.3 kit zooms?

If Fuji can develop a whole series of rugged, well regarded fast lenses for the mirrorless cameras in a few years why can't Canon"

I'm sure Canon could develop such a lens lineup. Why should they? Enough people have invested in M-series bodies to make Canon the #2 global MILC manufacturer. In terms of MILC market share, Fuji is essentially last (well, they sell more MILCs than Hassleblad and Leica...BFD).

"Because you want them" is not a viable reason for Canon to make them. ::)

Upvote 0

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
neuroanatomist said:
Why would anyone invest 800-900 for a M body when they the native lens offerings are limited to F6.3 kit zooms?

A. Perhaps Canon thinks that the main reason people buy EFM is to have a small total package. EFM f/4 and f/2.8 zooms are still going to be pretty big, and not inexpensive.

B. Perhaps because there are enough people who are content with using EF lenses for their heavy lens needs.

C. Perhaps simply as a matter of priority. Cheaper, smaller lenses are easier to produce, demo better in stores, and sell in higher volumes, so why not make them first?

Upvote 0
Jul 30, 2010
john kriegsmann said:
This looks like an upgraded body from the M5: newer processor and upgraded video. Canon will have to reduce the price on the M5, it is not selling well anyway. Still the M series bodies are progressing but where are the lenses? Why would anyone invest 800-900 for a M body when they the native lens offerings are limited to F6.3 kit zooms? Canon is nuts if they think buyers will use DSRL EOS lenses on these tiny bodies, as it defeats the purpose of a small form factor. If Fuji can develop a whole series of rugged, well regarded fast lenses for the mirrorless cameras in a few years why can't Canon"
Fuji have to have a "complete" line up of lens in order to sell the camera. Also if look at the price and weight of the Fuji lenses, they are double of the EF-M lenses. After using the M for more than 3 year, I do not miss the weight of my Canon DSLR and the large and heavy L lenses. I enjoy the smaller size and lighter weight of the M system.
If canon start to make fast, big and heavy zoom, where will they fit in the M system?

Upvote 0