How is Canon going to compete with the grey market in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nighstar

samueljay said:
I think I'll pick mine up from Camera Pro, will give them a call during the week, has anyone bought from them before that doesn't live in Brisbane? (I'm in Melbourne) Any idea on what you would do if you're interstate and had a warranty issue?

Cheers!
Sam.

CameraPro's cameras are Australian stock, so i believe they come with a warranty from Canon Australia. being in Melbourne shouldn't be an issue since you'd go through Canon for warranty matters.

that said, i would ask CameraPro about it when you call them.

Upvote 0

samueljay

5D Mk III
Oct 21, 2011
dilbert said:
Demand.

They can keep putting the price up until people stop buying from them instead of other places.

Maybe they didn't realise how many people would order from them and now that they realise they only have to undercut Teds by a smaller margin, they're doing so because nobody else is competing with them on a low price.
Yeah! I thought at much, like anything else, it's a profit deal, but you'd have to be pretty insane to pay that much for a grey import :\ I'd be surprised if they sold many more at that price, but I'm sure it will come back down after a while! It's strange they upped it by so much, EGlobal have it quite cheap, and they have a statement which says that their price will not go up during the pre order period, I didn't think company's actually did it, hence my surprise and post.
nighstar said:
CameraPro's cameras are Australian stock, so i believe they come with a warranty from Canon Australia. being in Melbourne shouldn't be an issue since you'd go through Canon for warranty matters.

that said, i would ask CameraPro about it when you call them.
Ah right! I've never bought such an item interstate, so I wasn't sure if I'd have to go back to where I bought it or just deal with Canon directly :) Thanks for the info, I'll definitely ring them and check first! :)

Edit:// Just called then and made my order :) 5D III w/ 24-105mm :D Warranty is dealt with directly with Canon too so it's all good! They said the current ETA for shipment is within the first 2 weeks of April :)

Thanks very much to nightstar who brought Camera Pro and Leederville to my attention! :)

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
wickidwombat said:
Leederville cameras said:
17 coming in this month, this will clear most backorders, remaining stock will come Mid April, maybe earlier, we are taking orders again at $3599 with $500 deposits.

awesome I think I am in the 17 well I hope so since i go overseas mid april :-\

WickedW: I hope you can give me your opinion about your early-bird-5D3 BEFORE you go overseas! ;)
Remember? VF quality for MF, AF quality for MF, low ISO DR/IQ vs 5d2 etc etc... I count on you! :)

Upvote 0
17 coming in this month, this will clear most backorders, remaining stock will come Mid April, maybe earlier, we are taking orders again at $3599 with $500 deposits.

Good on you Leederville for leading the way (pardon the pun). I've already placed my order with you.

Upvote 0
L

Leederville cameras

wickidwombat said:
Price is back to $3599inc gst, there was an initial error, however with all the orders we put in with Canon Australia, we were able to keep the price as it was.
Awesome work!
any idea what date the pre-orders are going to be coming in?
According to Canon end of next week, so either that or early week after.

Upvote 0
Price is back to $3599inc gst, there was an initial error, however with all the orders we put in with Canon Australia, we were able to keep the price as it was.
Aarrgghhhh!

Damn you Leederville Cameras!!.....I don't need a MkIII.....must resist.....wife will kill me.......mustn't pick up the phone........

Upvote 0

wondering if you could clarify if just the initial lot that will be 3599 (due to error) or if that is going to be an ongoing price? - am interested in mid april-ish (can't do earlier b/c of TRS) :)

Upvote 0
B

blackwind

4thchicken said:

wondering if you could clarify if just the initial lot that will be 3599 (due to error) or if that is going to be an ongoing price? - am interested in mid april-ish (can't do earlier b/c of TRS) :)

The same here, I am very interested by sometime end of march / early april. I lost my creditcard yesterday, i report it as lost, they going to send me new one by end of next week.

Hopefully leederville will keep their price as is for awhile.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I dropped into Digital Camera Warehouse yesterday to get some cleaning stuff, and a guy I know that works there told me that they have something going on with Canon next Thursday the 22nd March in their Sydney store.
He said they will have some 5D3 and 1Dx's there for people to play with.

Not sure what time they will be there, but I might just drop in and have a look-see.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.