How to change equipment list at bottom of post?

stu_cj said:
I can never understand why people feel the need to list what they own in the first place.

I suspect the reasons vary from one person to another. Sometimes I find it quite helpful to see what lenses people own when they are giving advice or commenting on their experience. If they say lens XYZ is absolutely the best you can see what they may be comparing it to. Of course you can't know what they may have borrowed, rented, or owned in the past, but it is better than no information at all.

Ok, I'm up to 3 posts, only 7 to go before I can add my (modest) list of gear! 8)

Upvote 0
N

nitsujwalker

stu_cj said:
I can never understand why people feel the need to list what they own in the first place.

Personally I enjoy knowing what people are shooting with. Especially if people have links to photos. It's the same reason people see a photo and say "what did you shot x with?" .. Settings etc. It's not about showing off or saying "look what I have!" This is a rumor site and we talk about gear and photography. In fact.. My lenses aren't really anything to brag about... two of the cheapest L lenses that Canon makes and THE cheapest lens that they make.. But I love them all and I shoot with them all a lot.

Upvote 0