In need of a shoulder strap for 5D3 + 70-200 IS II

I remember having the same problem when I went searching for the Kickstarter. Adding "Peak" didn't solve it for me, I had to do the full search for "Peak Design Clutch".
Even then I was still getting hand bag results.

To pwp: I purchased a Peak Design camera clip when they first arrived in stores. I've found their use for attaching to the body (ie: belt) to be next to useless but I use it all the time on the strap of both my shoulder bag and my camera backpack to give me a third hand while changing lenses.
sagittariansrock said:
kaihp said:
sagittariansrock said:
FWIW, I feel the Clutch is better for me than the Camdapter.

Got a link? Googling for "clutch wrist strap" sent me to endless pages of straps for ladies handbags ;D

Boy, that totally cracked me up :D
Thanks to Tsuru, you must have found it by now.

Upvote 0
I made my own sling strap. Cost me about $12 and I could have done it cheaper if I had shopped around for the parts. It is simple and comfortable. It is closer to the design of the Boss strap but with a more secure attachment.

And best of all, no advertising!!

So if you can't find a strap that meets your needs, consider making your own. It is really not that hard and you get absolute control over the quality of the materials and save money too.

Upvote 0

fotoray

5D Mark III
Jul 20, 2010
neuroanatomist said:
killswitch said:
I am looking to get me a BlackRapid strap or something in that line which I can use with my 5D3. In most scenarios I use my the 5D3 on my tripod for landscape shots, but at times I like to detach it from the tripod and shoot handheld. When handheld, I like the camera to have some form of secured strap which I can use to wrap around my wrist or leave it hanging on the side of my shoulder.

I am looking for something that is reliable, secured, and I can attach/detach the strap with ease depending on my shooting scenarios. The heaviest load it will need to withstand is 5D3 + 70-200 IS II. Any advice or recommendations? Oh also anyone used a wrist strap, any recommendations on that? Thanks.

I use a Blackrapid strap with a Kirk 1" clamp attached to the lug – comfortable to carry, easy to move clamp from the Arca plates on body to lens, or remove for tripod/monopod use.

+1 I use the exact same combination, having gotten this recommendation a few months ago from Neuro on this site.
smiley.gif

Offers good shoulder support with camera/lens off the right hip. Very comfortable and secure. Being able to quickly remove the Kirk clamp is a big plus going to/from tripod to hand-held.

I have recently begun using this combination with my 5D3 + 100-400 ii (also 7D). Works great!

A very good solution.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
fotoray said:
neuroanatomist said:
killswitch said:
I am looking to get me a BlackRapid strap or something in that line which I can use with my 5D3. In most scenarios I use my the 5D3 on my tripod for landscape shots, but at times I like to detach it from the tripod and shoot handheld. When handheld, I like the camera to have some form of secured strap which I can use to wrap around my wrist or leave it hanging on the side of my shoulder.

I am looking for something that is reliable, secured, and I can attach/detach the strap with ease depending on my shooting scenarios. The heaviest load it will need to withstand is 5D3 + 70-200 IS II. Any advice or recommendations? Oh also anyone used a wrist strap, any recommendations on that? Thanks.

I use a Blackrapid strap with a Kirk 1" clamp attached to the lug – comfortable to carry, easy to move clamp from the Arca plates on body to lens, or remove for tripod/monopod use.

+1 I use the exact same combination, having gotten this recommendation a few months ago from Neuro on this site.
smiley.gif

Offers good shoulder support with camera/lens off the right hip. Very comfortable and secure. Being able to quickly remove the Kirk clamp is a big plus going to/from tripod to hand-held.

I have recently begun using this combination with my 5D3 + 100-400 ii (also 7D). Works great!

A very good solution.
Same here, +1

Upvote 0
AcutancePhotography said:
I made my own sling strap. Cost me about $12 and I could have done it cheaper if I had shopped around for the parts. It is simple and comfortable. It is closer to the design of the Boss strap but with a more secure attachment.

And best of all, no advertising!!

So if you can't find a strap that meets your needs, consider making your own. It is really not that hard and you get absolute control over the quality of the materials and save money too.

I've done this a number of times with rifles but never considered doing it with cameras. I'm happy with my current solution but now I'm already trying to think of ways to improve it.

Upvote 0
sagittariansrock said:
kaihp said:
sagittariansrock said:
FWIW, I feel the Clutch is better for me than the Camdapter.

Got a link? Googling for "clutch wrist strap" sent me to endless pages of straps for ladies handbags ;D

Boy, that totally cracked me up :D
Thanks to Tsuru, you must have found it by now.

Thanks, I did. From the look of the adjustment strap, the Peak Design Clutch looks better than the CamDapter, but I prefer the CamDapter way to attach to a tripod-type clamp (Arca-Swiss or Manfrotto).

Upvote 0