Industry News: Here are the first press images of the Nikon Z6 & Z7 full frame mirrorless cameras

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
Also, WTH with the focus and zoom rings being so comically different in size?

Makes a lot of sense to me. How often do you manually focus vs zoom the lens?

I don't see a motor drive or aperture lever in the adapter, I think that one is still needed for the tons of "D" lenses with motor drives. If Nikon abandons them, I think that they will lose some customers. Perhaps a adapter is coming for the older lenses later.

https://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?attachments/nikon_17-jpg.179805/

The bulges at the bottom and on the lower side indicate to me that the adaptor contains a drive motor for D lenses.

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
They look almost identical in proportion as Canon's 10-18 EF-S's focus and zoom rings.

That's not necessarily a compliment. It looks more like my EF 40mm pancake focus ring than my EF 28 f/2.8 IS focus ring.

What happens if you are out in the cold wearing gloves and need to manually focus, say on a tripod? that might be a bit annoying.

- A

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Nikon-Z-Noct-Nikkor-58mm-f0.95-lens2-391x550.jpg

Hump like a snow hill, it's Moby Dick!

How long has Nikon wanted to be able to do this? I'm strangely cheering them on here.

- A

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

goldenhusky

CR Pro
Dec 2, 2016
I just can't believe it's a single media card slot for both Z6 and Z7....

Don't worry Canon will give them company too if ever Canon decides to bring out a full frame mirrorless camera ;) I see NR is filled with fan boys arguing XQD cards are so reliable bla, bla, bla.... the usual nonsense. The same thing will happen here if Canon choose to do the same thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Don't worry Canon will give them company too if ever Canon decides to bring out a full frame mirrorless camera ;) I see NR is filled with fan boys arguing XQD cards are so reliable bla, bla, bla.... the usual nonsense. The same thing will happen here if Canon choose to do the same thing.
It isn't a big deal for me on Canon cameras, so I'll certainly be consistent: it isn't a big deal for me too on Nikon cameras.

The only reason I like 2 card slots is RAW on one and JPEG on the other, and then only so that I can pop out the JPEG for quicker previews on a PC type device like a Surface Pro (where it may list both RAW and JPEG, and slow down making thumbnails from both). The data redundancy and such is not of value to me, though I can appreciate that it might be to others.

Upvote 0