Is a 5DMark III / x likely to have Multi Exposure Shooting mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Picsfor

Not getting the fuss over this.

Essentially it is giving us what we could do once we got home - why would you want to do it out in the field?
When we used film, some times this was the easiest way of doing it in a camera, take a shot, operate the multi exposure switch and cock the shutter - re-frame the scene and voila!

To me, this is not something i have ever fussed over, and certainly not something i would ever use. My camera captures pictures for me to process back at home according to the intentions of that image...

Upvote 0
Picsfor said:
Not getting the fuss over this.

Essentially it is giving us what we could do once we got home - why would you want to do it out in the field?

I think the difference is that it can do it in RAW. So if I understand this correctly, you can get an "in camera" RAW HDR image. Of course it still has to do this better than photomatix, and that is yet to be seen. If it does a good job however, it might be a big time saver for people that do a lot of HDR etc. Otherwise, it will be another feature that never gets used.

Upvote 0

JR

Sep 22, 2011
Canada
I dont see why this feature would not trickle down to other model, either at their launch or through firmware update. Multi Exposure Shooting is nice but does not represent the a big differentiator in itself for the 1DX, so this is why I think we will see more of it, that and the fact much cheaper cameras also are starting to have these features in them...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.